Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 01-13-2014, 09:46 AM   #1
jdemonto

Default MY 2017 Jeep Wrangler

Sergio Speaks

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php...ngler-and-alfa

Quote:
“To redesign the Wrangler is the riskiest thing you could do… if you’re talking about stubstantially upgrading the Wrangler… yes.” So said Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne at today’s “executive briefing,” webcast live from Cobo Hall in Detroit.

There have been debates over the knockdown windshield and removable door. “I don’t know how many people who own Wranglers have ever done that.” Still, Jeep can’t remove those attributes, even though the vehicle must be lightened and the powertrain must be updated. “You can update it, but you can’t change it.”

Full implementation is less than 24 months away. Volume is a problem, especially since the company has committed to not making Wranglers (for North America) outside of Toledo.

As for the Cherokee, Mr. Marchionne said they still needed a larger market share, but that he thought they could achieve it.

Mr. Marchionne also said he intended to build and sell a million Jeeps — when the company sold roughly 750,000 vehicles, total, during 2013. One of his primary goals over the next years is the internationalization of Jeep.

“There’s a brand new lineup of products coming out of Alfa Romeo that you will see in 2015.” These will be sold from Alfa Romeo dealerships.

jdemonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:58 PM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

I thought of this thread when I saw this JK at Barrett-Jackson:

While I acknowledge putting a Hemi in the next Wrangler would probably be hard to rationalize with the upcoming CAFE requirements, I do think Auburn Hills could bolster the Jeep brand with some "halo" vehicles like Dodge use to do with the SRT brand.

The Wrangler in the photo above sold for $60K plus $6K in fees. There's definitely a market for high dollar Jeeps.

Here's a link to the JK on Barrett-Jackson - click here
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:02 AM   #3
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I thought of this thread when I saw this JK at Barrett-Jackson:

While I acknowledge putting a Hemi in the next Wrangler would probably be hard to rationalize with the upcoming CAFE requirements, I do think Auburn Hills could bolster the Jeep brand with some "halo" vehicles like Dodge use to do with the SRT brand.

The Wrangler in the photo above sold for $60K plus $6K in fees. There's definitely a market for high dollar Jeeps.

Here's a link to the JK on Barrett-Jackson - click here
Liberty Jeep is in Rapid City, South Dakota. Great dealership in the Black Hills. Larry Patnoe is dealer principal. They do Jeeps like this every now and then and do a great job.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:44 PM   #4
jdemonto

Just a FYI these guys have been taking credit for Hauk Designs Jeep builds

www.haukdesigns.com/models/rock.php

Jason

Last edited by jdemonto; 01-24-2014 at 01:47 PM.
jdemonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:02 PM   #5
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
Just a FYI these guys have been taking credit for Hauk Designs Jeep builds

www.haukdesigns.com/models/rock.php

Jason
I always thought they did their own, I stand corrected.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote