Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Regional Forums > Southwest Region > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Old 03-12-2011, 11:17 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default OLDCO Dealer Reinstated - Hanford Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge

In a welcome piece of good news I found a news report about a Chrysler OLDCO Dealership in Hanford, CA that's been reinstated. Here's a link to the news report - click here

The dealership was operating as Liberty Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge when it was closed as one of the 789 dealerships Chrysler terminated. The dealership has been reopened as Hanford Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge but the Dealer Principal is the same - Dwight G. Nelson.

The news report indicates the dealership is one of only five to be reinstated after a prolonged court battle. That would lead me to believe the dealership was one of the 32 who won their arbitration case against Chrysler, but they're not listed in this thread - click here (Maybe the dealership is one of the three that I didn't have information on?)

Regardless, I'm happy to hear any good news concerning a Chrysler OLDCO dealership and I wish Mr. Nelson and his team the best of luck going forward.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:30 AM   #2
jeepdealer

That is great news - all the best to Dwight Nelson and his team!
jeepdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:25 AM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdealer View Post
That is great news - all the best to Dwight Nelson and his team!
I agree.

It's too bad more of Chrysler's 789 couldn't share in the same joy. GM reinstated the majority of their terminated dealerships and their retail sales were up 70% last month. Chrysler, by contrast, wages war with their OLDCO dealers at every opportunity and no one has a clue what their retail sales are because they refuse to report them.

Automotive News had an article about the reinstatement of Homer Cutrubus' dealership in Layton, UT and the article cites Chrysler's data that 21 of the 32 stores which won their arbitration case are now open. I find that hard to believe - I think I'll start a new thread in the open section of the forum and see if I can identify these 21 dealers.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:52 PM   #4
57years

Just to be sure everybody understands: GM reinstated many of their terminated Caddy dealers, Some of others and very few CHEVROLET.
57years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:29 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57years View Post
Just to be sure everybody understands: GM reinstated many of their terminated Caddy dealers, Some of others and very few CHEVROLET.
Thanks for the clarification - that's interesting.

It's been brought to my attention that I'm probably too complimentary of GM's efforts to repair relations with their OLDCO dealers. While GM certainly behaved better than Chrysler, I know they still have blood on their hands.