Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Ford > Sales

Notices

Old 12-12-2011, 01:31 PM   #1
AR2

Default Motor Trend Truck of the Year - Ford F-150

Motor Trend just announced that the Ford F-150 won its annual Truck of the Year award. Thanks to its 3.5 EcoBoost engine, numerous configurations, and capability, the F-150 was voted to be the top truck over (Dodge)Ram, Toyota, and Nissan.

http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/...ar_ford_f_150/
AR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:26 AM   #2
lsx only

I want to see how the ecoboost holds up over long periods of time,with two turbos i bet u have to stay on top of service,I also heard they suck fuel when pulling heavy loads with the turbos in the boost all the time.
lsx only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR2 View Post
Motor Trend just announced that the Ford F-150 won its annual Truck of the Year award. Thanks to its 3.5 EcoBoost engine, numerous configurations, and capability, the F-150 was voted to be the top truck over (Dodge)Ram, Toyota, and Nissan.

http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/...ar_ford_f_150/
Thanks for starting the thread - it's great to see some new content in the Ford section of the forum.

Concerning the Ford F150, I think it's a great truck and it's certainly worthy of the award. I also read recently that Ford's selling more V6 F150s than V8s - a testament to how popular their V6 engines have become.

Concerning Motor Trend's annual award, I wonder if it carries much weight with car/truck buyers anymore? In the old days it used to be a pretty big deal and the "winning" OEM would create ads touting that they had won the award but it seems like it's been years since I've seen an ad like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsx only View Post
I want to see how the ecoboost holds up over long periods of time,with two turbos i bet u have to stay on top of service,I also heard they suck fuel when pulling heavy loads with the turbos in the boost all the time.
Great comments.

The report AR2 linked indicates the fuel mileage between the Ecoboost and the 5.0 V8 is almost identical - the only benefit is the Ecoboost has more power.

That said, I remember in the old days Chrysler used to limit the towing capacity of their turbo engines to 1,000 pounds. As I understood it the engineers feared that the turbo would not be able to handle the heat if the vehicle had to pull a heavy trailer up a long incline.

For me, it the gas mileage was identical and the Ecoboost was more money I'd stick with the old 5.0 V8.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote