Go Back   DealershipForum.com > European Franchises > BMW > Sales

Notices

Old 12-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #1
AR2

Default BMW 4 Series Coupe Concept

I know I've slacked off on posting this here, but here is video of the concept car that is supposed to be 90% production ready. In case you are wondering, the 4 Series will replace the 3 Series coupe. This means the 3 Series will be the sedan and wagon, while the 4 Series will be the coupe, convertible, and the Gran Coupe sedan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehvPihKc7TY

In my opinion, the car is absolutely stunning. My jaw hit the floor when I first saw the concept car pictures. The front and rear bumpers will not be as exaggerated as this concept car, however, the production pieces that will be lifted from the 3 Series sedan should be fine. I love the LED headlights (including the halos) and grille in the front. The roofline is perfect. The wheels are magnificant. Finally, the tail lights look good too. I'm not a big fan of the interior of this concept car, but all that leather won't go into production anyway.

If the price is within reach and the production car looks this good in the flesh, I will be down at my local BMW dealership ordering a luxury line 435i coupe in Imperial Blue with Veneto Beige interior and an 8 speed automatic. Unfortunately, I will have to wait until spring/summer to see one.
AR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Thanks for the post - that was interesting.

I haven't kept up BMW's production plans and I wasn't aware there were plans for a new 4 Series.

I watched the YouTube video and share your enthusiasm for the styling of the new 4 Series. I agree that the bumpers are slightly over-styled and I didn't care for some of the leather-work on the interior. Hopefully the production version of the car will be more mainstream.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #3
AR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Thanks for the post - that was interesting.

I haven't kept up BMW's production plans and I wasn't aware there were plans for a new 4 Series.

I watched the YouTube video and share your enthusiasm for the styling of the new 4 Series. I agree that the bumpers are slightly over-styled and I didn't care for some of the leather-work on the interior. Hopefully the production version of the car will be more mainstream.
Yes, BMW is going to a different numbering system from what I understand. The sedans/wagons will be odd numbers and the coupes/convertibles/gran coupe' will be even numbers. I understand there are a good number of BMW fans that don't want to see the 3 Series spilt into two brands, but I understand BMW's logic. I can live with a 4 series coupe as long as the car is a great automobile.

As for transforming the concept into a production car, I think the production coupe will be pretty similiar to the current 3 Series sedan. I would expect the rear bumper and exhaust setup to be the same as the sedan. I also expect the front fascia will mimic the sedan's based on the "Line" you order. Finally, I expect the interior to look very similiar to the 3 Series sedan. I am fine with those changes because I think this will be a very sweet car when it comes out next summer. I have yet to test drive a 2013 3 Series sedan, so when the time is right, I'll check one out to see what the coupe might be like.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:52 PM   #4
AR2

Thumbs up

Well, I've been lazy and haven't posted the production BMW 4 Series coupe yet, so here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7IgMA67CCk

I love the half-way point of the video.

Here are two other videos showing more angles of the car. All of the videos show the 4 Series in Sport trim, but I'm looking more at the Luxury trim. I'll have to see what that one looks like. Overall, I like the production 4 Series quite a bit and I feel it will be a great grand touring coupe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...A8QL6zu-M&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAKPhj-N9rY
Old 07-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Thanks for the update.

I had a chance to watch the BMW YouTube video and I like the styling of the new 4 Series Coupe. It will be interesting to see how it sells once it's available at the dealerships.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote