Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Parts

Notices

Old 10-30-2009, 03:17 AM   #16
RickW

I wish you were right also! I took huge losses in selling off the parts. I guess after being a dealer for over twenty years I became pretty cynical in my factory dealings.

Sorry...no stock tips! I could use some myself!
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:34 AM   #17
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickW View Post
I guess after being a dealer for over twenty years I became pretty cynical in my factory dealings.
I've noticed that I've become more cynical/suspicious over the years too.

After living through the lies of Daimler and watching the lies of Cerberus, I find myself looking for Marchionne's ulterior motive.

Concerning the letter that Press sent to the Senator, it will be interesting to see if Chrysler ever does anything or if the Senator presses them to honor their commitment.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:19 AM   #18
Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum View Post
That is the key question!

I don't think they have any intention of doing ANYTHING with parts. Stall long enough, and the "problem" will just go away.
That is the intention. Stall long enough and a majority of the CJD dealers will go to the same place.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:51 AM   #19
chryslersrt8

This reply is far too late in posting. In our area the service/parts mellon-headed dm told the area dealers they should not pay over 10-15% of cost for any parts. Because of this selling them was impossible in our area. We sold most of our inventory for 35-50% with buying dealers paying freightof inventory but still have about $30,000 left. Anyone interested in what is left?
chryslersrt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:10 AM   #20
LJS

We used DealerMine for our GM parts and had pretty good luck with it. We had an offer from a local mega dealer for $10,000 for a pile of parts we had on the books for $130,000. We sold nearly $40,000 through DealerMine and still have a bunch of stuff left. So we came out pretty good I guess.
LJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:22 PM   #21
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Isakson View Post
We sold most of our inventory for 35-50% with buying dealers paying freightof inventory but still have about $30,000 left. Anyone interested in what is left?
I just noticed this post.

Feel free to create a new thread in the Parts section if you'd like. Who knows, maybe someone will see the thread and make a deal to purchase your remaining inventory.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:26 PM   #22
88drake

In March 2010 I was contacted by Chry and offered to buy back 30k of my 150k inv.

shipped them 15k got 65% for the parts and had to get an attorney to get them to

pay me !!
88drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:55 PM   #23
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88drake View Post
In March 2010 I was contacted by Chry and offered to buy back 30k of my 150k inv.

shipped them 15k got 65% for the parts and had to get an attorney to get them to

pay me !!
That was part of the "soft landing" that Press kept talking about during his Congressional testimony.

I still remember watching Press on C-SPAN as he testified under oath that Chrysler was going to repurchase vehicles and parts from the rejected dealers. I also remember I was dumb enough to believe him...
Old 08-31-2010, 05:22 PM   #24
srt

Default Parts

I'm currently waiting for the depot to get our parts. It has been difficult to work with Chrysler to this point. Hoping we can finish this as honest business folks but I have my doubts. Still left with something like 50k after all this time. I don't need another soft landing.
srt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:14 PM   #25
Ralph

It's hard for anyone to believe the things they're doing under the halo of "Oldco/Newco." Because no one really understands what exactly happened in that bankruptcy, seems no one knows how to exercise any of their rights...hell...no one knows what their wrights are.

Side note, when I self terminated in the Spring, done to Newco mind you...I thought it was strange that after I processed the mountain of paperwork, I got an offer on my special tools...cost if I paid shipping...or 66 cents on the dollar and I could keep them. I never wanted to see that building so I took the discount..(was after a few months anyway and the list was so restrictive) and ran. The tools are prolly in a construction dumpster somewhere by now.

I see a huge difference between how Newco HAD to follow the rules with my self-termination...and terminated dealers dealing with pseudo-Newco have a different set of rules. From the sound of it, the new rules are just play dumb...and the" Squeaky Wheels" will fade away eventually.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:17 PM   #26
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt View Post
I'm currently waiting for the depot to get our parts. It has been difficult to work with Chrysler to this point. Hoping we can finish this as honest business folks but I have my doubts. Still left with something like 50k after all this time. I don't need another soft landing.
Honest and business are 2 words that should never be used together in anything describing Chrysler
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:27 AM   #27
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
It's hard for anyone to believe the things they're doing under the halo of "Oldco/Newco." Because no one really understands what exactly happened in that bankruptcy, seems no one knows how to exercise any of their rights...hell...no one knows what their wrights are.

Side note, when I self terminated in the Spring, done to Newco mind you...I thought it was strange that after I processed the mountain of paperwork, I got an offer on my special tools...cost if I paid shipping...or 66 cents on the dollar and I could keep them. I never wanted to see that building so I took the discount..(was after a few months anyway and the list was so restrictive) and ran. The tools are prolly in a construction dumpster somewhere by now.

I see a huge difference between how Newco HAD to follow the rules with my self-termination...and terminated dealers dealing with pseudo-Newco have a different set of rules. From the sound of it, the new rules are just play dumb...and the" Squeaky Wheels" will fade away eventually.
Ralph,
Thats why we all had state franchise laws that should have saved us from exactly what happend. When Chrysler saw the oppertunity they took it.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote