Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Regional Forums > Southwest Region > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Old 11-21-2008, 05:29 PM   #16
SHACOS
Super Moderator

True, but those are usually in retail development areas. If I understand it right, this CJD store is in the heart of SF. There has got to be a market for that.
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:33 PM   #17
XDCX
Administrator

Default Make that 22 Dealerships - Shaver C/J and Weaver Jeep have down

In light of the investigations by California's Department of Motor Vehicles it's clear that the closing of Shaver Chrysler/Jeep was not part of a "Project Genesis" consolidation.

I've also added Weaver Jeep to the list. Although they were mainly a GM Dealer in Grass Valley, CA they also has a single point Jeep Franchise.

Here's the updated list:
  1. Urban Chrysler Jeep Dodge
  2. Carmean Dodge
  3. Lithia CJD of Ukiah
  4. Lithia Dodge of Fairfield
  5. Manteca Dodge
  6. California Chrysler Jeep Dodge
  7. El Monte Chrysler Jeep Dodge
  8. Whittier Chrysler Jeep Dodge
  9. Sunnyvale Chrysler Jeep Dodge
  10. Great Valley Chrysler Jeep
  11. Fullerton Dodge
  12. Schaier's Chrysler Jeep Dodge
  13. Poway Chrysler Jeep Dodge
  14. All Star Dodge Chrysler Jeep
  15. San Joaquin Chrysler Jeep Dodge
  16. Los Banos Chrysler Jeep Dodge
  17. Hayward Chrysler/Jeep
  18. Reseda Dodge
  19. San Diego Dodge
  20. San Francisco Chrysler/Jeep/GEM
  21. Shaver Chrysler/Jeep
  22. Weaver Jeep
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:24 PM   #18
squish

i just tried to call superior cjd in the city of industry for a dealer trade, they answered the phone but told me they were out of business
squish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:42 PM   #19
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by squish View Post
i just tried to call superior cjd in the city of industry for a dealer trade, they answered the phone but told me they were out of business
Wow, that's interesting because I remember hearing a rumor that they were going to close back in October. In fact, I even started a thread on it - http://www.dealershipforum.com/forum...read.php?t=548

I just figured that it was bad information. In hindsight, maybe it was just premature.

I've never been to Superior CJD but I understand that it's a new facility with a high rent factor.

That will make four Chrysler stores that have closed (or announced closing) in California so far in 2009.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:47 AM   #20
squish

one of my chrysler reps just walked in the door and informed me that Westoaks CJD in Thousand Oaks CA is closing. he did state this was not due to economic hardship, rather the dealership was acquired last year by an auto group that wanted the property to put in a highline, or large used car operation. either way, that was quite a dealership at one point in time.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:29 PM   #21
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
one of my chrysler reps just walked in the door and informed me that Westoaks CJD in Thousand Oaks CA is closing. he did state this was not due to economic hardship, rather the dealership was acquired last year by an auto group that wanted the property to put in a highline, or large used car operation. either way, that was quite a dealership at one point in time.
Like you, I remember that store back in its glory days. I always thought they had a great reputation for sales and service - that's a big loss for Chrysler.

On an side note, I didn't know that Woodward had sold the store. I always liked him, I hope he's enjoying retirement or something?
Old 02-13-2009, 01:34 PM   #22
squish

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Like you, I remember that store back in its glory days. I always thought they had a great reputation for sales and service - that's a big loss for Chrysler.

On an side note, I didn't know that Woodward had sold the store. I always liked him, I hope he's enjoying retirement or something?

he sold it to Rusnak (i hope i spelled that right) last year, i think in the spring or summer.

and yes, Mr. Woodward was a great guy who ran a classy operation. i certainly hope he is enjoying retirement!
Old 02-13-2009, 02:56 PM   #23
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
he sold it to Rusnak (i hope i spelled that right) last year, i think in the spring or summer.

and yes, Mr. Woodward was a great guy who ran a classy operation. i certainly hope he is enjoying retirement!
Thanks for the update.

It would make sense for Rusnak to use that property for a high end dealership - it has such great exposure on the 101.

Still, it's kind of sad to see Westoaks go away. Hopefully the neighboring dealerships will see an increase in sales. It sure seems like Crown Dodge could use a jolt to get back to the glory days when they were one of the top selling Dodge dealers in California.