Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 12-07-2015, 09:22 AM   #16
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryan55 View Post
Livonia CJ and a few other Detroit area dealers that were reinstated or currently in process just got some coverage in Automotive News today...

http://www.autonews.com/article/2015...-of-bankruptcy
Thanks for the update - that was an interesting read.

It will be interesting to see how Fox Hills CJ and Rick Scott CJDR perform in the future given that they are less than one mile apart. In some ways I think having fewer brands under one roof (CJ as opposed to CJDR) might be an advantage if it means the dealer can inventory more of the fast selling Jeep vehicles and earn a higher allocation.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 10:09 AM   #17
mryan55

I am not sure about the Detroit DMA but it certainly would improve odds of increased Jeep allocation when you don't have to worry about stocking Dodge and Ram, which in some markets still outsell Jeep.

Figure that Chrysler is not a mainstream player except for full-size RWD segment and minivan and it will just be a matter of turning as many Jeeps as you can to get allocation. It certainly may work to their advantage!
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 09:17 AM   #18
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryan55 View Post
I am not sure about the Detroit DMA but it certainly would improve odds of increased Jeep allocation when you don't have to worry about stocking Dodge and Ram, which in some markets still outsell Jeep.

Figure that Chrysler is not a mainstream player except for full-size RWD segment and minivan and it will just be a matter of turning as many Jeeps as you can to get allocation. It certainly may work to their advantage!
For me it goes back to the conversations we've had on the forum regarding Auburn Hills' dream to consolidate franchises - e.g. Project 2000, Project Alpha, etc.

I can think of so many instances where Chrysler as an OEM sold more product in a given market when they had stand-alone Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge dealers.

At the end of the day it's water under the bridge - Auburn Hills wanted to consolidate their brands under one roof and for the most part it's a done deal. I just wish the best for the reinstated OLDCO dealers who have to figure out how to prosper without having access to all of FCA's vehicles.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 09:23 AM   #19
mryan55

I do wonder what will happen as times goes on with these reinstated standalone Dodge/Truck and CJ stores... perhaps they will add the balance of the franchises in time? I Since in many cases there is already direct overlap with another CDTJ point without a mile or two I don't know how much damage would be done by having two full-line stores in the same radius.

On the other hand... If I were a Chrysler Jeep dealer I don't know if I would want Dodge... none of the products have much of a lease or special APR programs... it's pretty much a subprime product being directed at that end of the market.
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote