Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 09-21-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Canadian CJDR Dealer builds new facility and adds Fiat

A news report indicates that Rose City Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram in Welland, ON has started construction on a new $3 Million dealership to replace their existing store. Here's a link to the full news report - click here

What caught my attention was to see the Fiat brand incorporated with the CJDR facility - I haven't seen that since Chrysler was running their "Motor Village of Los Angeles" store as a test-bed.

I'm not too familiar with the Canadian market, maybe this is how Auburn Hills has always handled the Fiat Dealer Network in Canada? Or, perhaps it's a departure from the plan used in the U.S. which required stand-alone Fiat Dealerships?

To be clear, I've always thought the idea of single-point Fiat Dealer Network was insane and I contend that it is one of the primary reasons the Fiat 500 has been a failure in the U.S.

Is Auburn Hills headed in a new direction with Fiat or have they always consolidated Fiat with the CJDR dealers in Canada?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:04 AM   #2
tnpartsguy

Default Fiat in Greer SC

Was recently in the Greer SC area. There was a fairly large Fiat dealer (Benson Fiat Studio), had about 80 cars. I think the 500 is cute, but overpriced. Plus, my experiance with Fiat is limited to a '59 850 Spider/Racer, which rusted in half while on jackstands awaiting an engine rebuild one winter.
I like little cars, even though I'm a big guy. I really liked the Smart, but they are overpriced as well.
tnpartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
DealerEx

It may be a departure from the original plan , but it is happening elsewhere too. I posted this a few months ago, but for those who might have missed it...DCX terminated three long time dealers (42, 33 & 29YRS) in Waco,TX in June 2009, then 30 days later in July, they gave all three franchises to Allen Samuels, a large chain dealer. Earlier this year in late spring, they announced they were adding Fiat to his location...no separate facility. They are now running their ads as "Allen Samuels Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-Ram-Fiat".
DealerEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:36 AM   #4
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DealerEx View Post
It may be a departure from the original plan , but it is happening elsewhere too. I posted this a few months ago, but for those who might have missed it...DCX terminated three long time dealers (42, 33 & 29YRS) in Waco,TX in June 2009, then 30 days later in July, they gave all three franchises to Allen Samuels, a large chain dealer. Earlier this year in late spring, they announced they were adding Fiat to his location...no separate facility. They are now running their ads as "Allen Samuels Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-Ram-Fiat".
Does this surprise anyone?
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DealerEx View Post
Thanks for the information.

Now that you mention it I recall you posted that Allen Samuels CJDR was getting Fiat but I don't think it registered with me that Auburn Hills allowed them to add Fiat to their existing CJDR faciltity.

I'll have to do some digging - I remember hearing that a single point Fiat Dealer in Northern California closed and consolidated the Fiat franchise with an existing CJDR dealer but I never had a chance to verify that it actually happened.

I wonder if Auburn Hills is quietly changing their stance concerning an exclusive Fiat Dealer Network?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote