Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 08-19-2010, 07:57 AM   #1
jdemonto

Default Official 2011 Jeep Wrangler (JK) pics

Just in official 2011 Jeep JK pics! Now thats sexy!

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/19/2...ed-production/

jdemonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:14 AM   #2
LJS

Looks good, now if we could only get an engine that wasn't made for a minivan, we'd be in business.
LJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:59 AM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

The pictures look great - I really like the two-tone interior.

I'd still like to see better tire/wheel options but that's not a huge deal since it can easily be solved via the aftermarket.

Concerning LJS's comment about the 3.8 V6, I couldn't agree more. The Pentastar V6 should be a HUGE improvement. (Just have to wait for awhile.... )
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:09 AM   #4
SHACOS
Super Moderator

Looks nice! I'm really liking that sand biege color.
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:18 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

It was interesting to read some of the comments following that Autoblog report - the fact that the 3.8 is under-powered and gets poor gas mileage is certainly no secret.

While I'm sure there are a lot of complexities I don't comprehend, it sure would have been nice if the Wrangler would have received the Pentastar V6 for 2011 and the Sebring/Avenger were put on the back-burner until 2012.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:50 AM   #6
79LilRedExpress

Default Is the painted hard top worth $6200 ???

Like most of us, I was impressed with the
Mono-chromatic new look on the Wrangler.

So-o-o-o I go to TOPS to order a couple...

1st~ You have to order a Sahara....$4500 upcharge
OK, I can live with that.

Next~ $980 for painted H/T option...(MX1)
Hummm, ok, a bit pricey, but a great look.

Then bammmm~
On the color and trim page...
another $735 for the hard top...

TOTAL RETAIL PRICE
>>>>> Over $6200. <<<<<<<

Looks like a "Spring Special" edition might be in the works
based on the X pkg

Wonder what name they could call it?
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:03 AM   #7
Ralph

I put the cold air intake from Mopar on my 2010 Wrangler Sahara, and average 22 MPG. It added about 3-4 MPG from when it didn't have it. The 3.8 is terribly underpowered but I'm used to it and it doesn't bug me anymore.

I like the new color as well, and the interior does look softer and more refined. Most Wrangler buyers use them as cars so the more luxurious look won't drive them away. BUT...the first thing I thought of when I read about the steering wheel controls, was water. The first time I forgot to put my top pieces on and it rained, the thing was in the shop for days. The clockspring was toast, and they never got the horn to work again. That day, it was stuck on and I had to pull over and try to find the fuse...which if you're looking in the fuse box, all the writing is upside down so you can't read anything. Water got in the dash and the AC didnt work, and the dash...everything was light up like a christmas tree. Was about $1000 in parts and labor to fix it. (Horn never worked again) When my guys called Chrysler about it, they said..."Tell the customer not to let the dash or the steering column wet...ever." I put a Nav radio in after and I'm sure water on that would wipe that things lifespan in seconds.

But...having said that...I like the new look and think they've done a great job. Credit where credit is due!!!!
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:39 AM   #8
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
I put the cold air intake from Mopar on my 2010 Wrangler Sahara, and average 22 MPG. It added about 3-4 MPG from when it didn't have it. The 3.8 is terribly underpowered but I'm used to it and it doesn't bug me anymore.

I like the new color as well, and the interior does look softer and more refined. Most Wrangler buyers use them as cars so the more luxurious look won't drive them away. BUT...the first thing I thought of when I read about the steering wheel controls, was water. The first time I forgot to put my top pieces on and it rained, the thing was in the shop for days. The clockspring was toast, and they never got the horn to work again. That day, it was stuck on and I had to pull over and try to find the fuse...which if you're looking in the fuse box, all the writing is upside down so you can't read anything. Water got in the dash and the AC didnt work, and the dash...everything was light up like a christmas tree. Was about $1000 in parts and labor to fix it. (Horn never worked again) When my guys called Chrysler about it, they said..."Tell the customer not to let the dash or the steering column wet...ever." I put a Nav radio in after and I'm sure water on that would wipe that things lifespan in seconds.

But...having said that...I like the new look and think they've done a great job. Credit where credit is due!!!!
There you have it........A "JEEP" that you can't get wet.......Not a real jeep anymore if you ask me. I'll keep my CJ5.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:08 AM   #9
JUNIOR

I know I sold a lot of Wranglers in my day, but I can't think of anyone that would spend upwards of $45,000 for a Wrangler you can't get wet. Looks nice, but gets away from what a Wrangler was built for.
JUNIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:21 AM   #10
possum

Its funny that this came up, because I was thinking the same thing. Those remote, steering wheel controls are made for cars. All the "fancy" stuff will get ruined fast.

Are those repairs going to be warranty? Its advertised as "Trail Rated".
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:45 AM   #11
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum View Post
Its funny that this came up, because I was thinking the same thing. Those remote, steering wheel controls are made for cars. All the "fancy" stuff will get ruined fast.

Are those repairs going to be warranty? Its advertised as "Trail Rated".
I'm afraid that its changed from the Rubicon Trail to the Rodeo Drive Trail!
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:11 AM   #12
CarguyCO

I believe there is a market for an "on road" Wrangler....we sell tons of Wranglers to people who will never drive their Jeep off road.....they just love the way it looks.

There are the many that are die hard jeep fans and they will hate the new wrangler with the bells/whistles...however, we will sell the ones with the stuff I believe.
CarguyCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:31 AM   #13
FixedOpsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyCO View Post
I believe there is a market for an "on road" Wrangler....we sell tons of Wranglers to people who will never drive their Jeep off road.....they just love the way it looks.

There are the many that are die hard jeep fans and they will hate the new wrangler with the bells/whistles...however, we will sell the ones with the stuff I believe.
It's the Jeep heritage that suffers. The car looks superb. Kudos to the design team. But, They should offer a Wrangler with high durability options similiar to that of a basic laptop versus the Panasonic ToughBook. If they were to design a Wrangler that has many items off-road capable, and has electronics and switches that are waterproof, Chrysler may find a waiting market to dive into...if the price isn't sky high. They could easily compensate for the extra cost of waterproofing the electronics by cutting options... make the Rubicon model a true off-road capable vehicle with true stainproof and waterproof seats, carpet, and waterproof electronics.
FixedOpsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:36 AM   #14
jdemonto

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUNIOR View Post
I know I sold a lot of Wranglers in my day, but I can't think of anyone that would spend upwards of $45,000 for a Wrangler you can't get wet. Looks nice, but gets away from what a Wrangler was built for.
The Sahara loaded is $36K,not $45K. We sell $50K+ wranglers all the time! The painted hardtops cost $1100 to have a body shop paint them.

Jason

jdemonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:40 AM   #15
JUNIOR

You missed my point, I am not talking about the older style Wrangler that you modify for off road use. Of course somebody would pay for that upgrade, especially if they were into off roading. You can get that one wet! I was referring to the new ones that could cost upwards of $45,000 that you can't get wet.
JUNIOR is offline   Reply With Quote