Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Forum Operations > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Check here for Announcements from the DealershipForum.com Webmaster

Old 04-04-2010, 10:46 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Access to AREA 51 has been Restricted

Access to AREA 51 has been Restricted

This thread is intended for members of DealershipForum who no longer have access to AREA 51

In response to last month's Security Advisory DealershipForum has restricted access to AREA 51 to approved members only. If you no longer have access to AREA 51 it is most likely due to one of two reasons:
  1. Dealership verification required
  2. DealershipForum post count is less than 25 posts
To verify your dealership, you can photocopy your Business Card and write your User Name on the sheet of paper and then FAX it to: 888/279-6913

If you have any questions about your account please feel free to send me a Private Message or send me an e-mail at XDCX@DealershipForum.com

Last edited by XDCX; 04-04-2010 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Add information
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Smile Please let me know if you need access

I've already had it brought to my attention that a member who should have been "pre-approved" was omitted from the list.

Please let me know if you think you've been omitted in error. In most instances I can restore access upon receipt of an e-mail from your dealership or a FAX copy of your Business Card.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:25 PM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Default Alternative to the 25 post-count requirement

In an effort to accomodate our members we're offering an alternative to the 25 post-count requirement.

If you know an existing DealershipForum member who has access to AREA 51 simply have them send me a PM on your behalf and we'll waive that requirement.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:24 PM   #4
danderson

I'm a little confused.....if I haven't made 25 posts but send in my buiness card I still can't have access to area 51?
danderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:32 PM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danderson View Post
I'm a little confused.....if I haven't made 25 posts but send in my buiness card I still can't have access to area 51?
It's been known to happen....

The main objective of the 25 post count is to encourage our members to participate. As I've stated in other posts, often the best conversations we have on the forum are from threads started by our members, not me.

Concerning your situation, simply FAX me your Business Card and I'll be happy to upgrade your account.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #6
danderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
It's been known to happen....

The main objective of the 25 post count is to encourage our members to participate. As I've stated in other posts, often the best conversations we have on the forum are from threads started by our members, not me.

Concerning your situation, simply FAX me your Business Card and I'll be happy to upgrade your account.
I faxed it over.....thanks!
Old 04-14-2010, 05:53 PM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
No problem. I received your FAX and upgraded your account - you now have access to AREA 51. :thumbsup_old:
Old 04-14-2010, 09:23 PM   #8
79LilRedExpress

Lightbulb Area 51

Quote:
danderson

~~~> WELCOME TO THE TWILIGHT ZONE<~~~~~
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:01 PM   #9
danderson

Talking

Quote:
No problem. I received your FAX and upgraded your account - you now have access to AREA 51. :thumbsup_old:

When do I get the secret decoder ring???
Old 04-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #10
CL Pgh

Quote:
When do I get the secret decoder ring???
Your name is in Black... you should have access (I think?). Do you see Area 51 threads on the far right on the home page???
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:31 AM   #11
zohpy

I know I don't have a lot to contribute XMAN. Seems all of my fellow Indy peeps have left or don't post much. I had many years invested with Chrysler as well as GM and hate to see what is happening to the company that I loved for so long. If you'd like to give me access I would appreciate it. If not that's certainly your decision to make.
Once again I thank you for setting up the Indy section. Just don't see a lot happening there.
zohpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:29 AM   #12
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zohpy View Post
I know I don't have a lot to contribute XMAN. Seems all of my fellow Indy peeps have left or don't post much. I had many years invested with Chrysler as well as GM and hate to see what is happening to the company that I loved for so long. If you'd like to give me access I would appreciate it. If not that's certainly your decision to make.
Once again I thank you for setting up the Indy section. Just don't see a lot happening there.
I'll be happy to upgrade your account - you've been one of our core members here for a long time.

Concerning the Independent Section, I agree it hasn't attract too many posts lately and I haven't done much to promote it. That said, the thread about AutoStar gets a lot of traffic thanks to Google so even if there isn't new content added to the site, at least people can still benefit from the existing threads.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:00 PM   #13
danderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
Your name is in Black... you should have access (I think?). Do you see Area 51 threads on the far right on the home page???
All good. Thanks.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:11 PM   #14
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
All good. Thanks.
Great, now everyone's going to think you have a secret decoder ring.

I can just see my PM inbox filling up with requests from other members who want one too.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:00 AM   #15
danderson

Quote:
Great, now everyone's going to think you have a secret decoder ring.

I can just see my PM inbox filling up with requests from other members who want one too.
It was in the same box that had the formula of how they are going to reinstate dealers......

Hey X, I hit my 25 posts!!!!!!!!:clown: