Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 04-09-2010, 01:08 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Angry One year ago today - The beginning of a great deception

For those who would like to take a walk down history lane - click here

The thread in the above link was started exactly one year ago today - the date I feel certain Chrysler knew they were going to file for bankruptcy.

For those who remember, the wholesale pressure from Chrysler had been non-stop for months. Dealers were getting hounded - the phone calls, the e-mails, the Instant Value Coupons, the flashing green count-down banner on DealerConnect and the famous Jim Press Conference Call - it was insane.

And then it all just stopped. Chrysler announced they wouldn't be offering wholesale incentives for dealers who placed orders for May Allocation.

In my opinion, Chrysler knew with absolute certainty they'd be filing for bankruptcy and they didn't want to pay dealers to order vehicles they knew they were never going to build. And all the rumors about Chrysler caving in to pressure from the Treasury provided nice cover.

I can accept that Chrysler had no choice but to declare bankruptcy. It's all the lies I've had a hard time dealing with.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:58 AM   #2
Ralph

Those were very very dark days...full of lies and fear. Ugh
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:44 AM   #3
The StraightShooter

It will be a year ago this Saturday that I got my last shipment of new vehicles. I knew I was doomed when the Truck driver told me..."this was a hot load" and how they were given explicit instructions to expedite delivery to only a couple of dealers around town.
The StraightShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:39 PM   #4
SDCJ

Bad Memories. I was not on this forum at that time...should have been. Reading that thread from a year ago makes me realize how naive I was. Never again.
SDCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:20 PM   #5
possum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCJ View Post
Bad Memories. I was not on this forum at that time...should have been. Reading that thread from a year ago makes me realize how naive I was. Never again.
All Dealers need to be prepared for disaster, at a moments notice. It very well may never happen again, but don't be caught in a bad situation.

Keep your friends close, and the "factory" closer.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:52 PM   #6
ohiobuckeyes

Can still recall getting the UPS letter and running it back to our GM. But we first found "the list" and did not see our name after reading it about 50 times.

I hope we do not have to go down that road ever in my automotive life. Still a very sad time in the auto biz.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote