Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Regional Forums > Southwest Region > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Old 04-02-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Marina Pontiac in San Leandro closes down

I read a lot of stories about dealerships that have closed down.

I made the decision a long time ago that I wouldn't create a thread on every closure simply because it was too depressing. That said, there are stories that catch my attention and this is one of them.

Marina Pontiac/GMC was one of the largest GM dealers in Northern California. The dealership was forced to close down due to declining sales - business was down 85% from where it was two years ago.

How can any business survive if their business is down 85%?

The part that made an impact on me was how classy the Dealer Principal was in light of the circumstances. He indicated that he'll lose the store and may need to file personal bankruptcy. Despite that he still spoke favorably about his employees and the nearby dealership that will be servicing his customers.

Here's a link to the news report: http://www.sanleandrotimes.com/*ws4d...lt/column.html
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote