Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > General Motors > Sales

Notices

Old 06-13-2010, 04:22 PM   #16
duc1098rdr

DPS = 50% Retail Sales Index
30% CSI
10% Capitalization
10% Profitability
duc1098rdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:23 AM   #17
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc1098rdr View Post
DPS = 50% Retail Sales Index
30% CSI
10% Capitalization
10% Profitability
Thanks for the information.

Hopefully the wait for the decision won't be long and more importantly that the decision is favorable.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:16 AM   #18
XDCX
Administrator

Default Another dealer victory - Rose Chevrolet in Hamilton, OH

News reports indicate that Rose Chevrolet of Hamilton, OH won their arbitration case against General Motors. Here's a link to the full report - click here

I thought it was interesting the information about the dealer's victory was released by their local Congressman.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:08 PM   #19
ohiobuckeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
News reports indicate that Rose Chevrolet of Hamilton, OH won their arbitration case against General Motors. Here's a link to the full report - click here

I thought it was interesting the information about the dealer's victory was released by their local Congressman.
Very Fishy story going on here. Reports from Automotive News states GM has not reinstated that dealership yet.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2010...100619934/1422

Also hearing some rumblings about a local dealership not getting reinstated. As I hear more soilded information will pass along.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:51 PM   #20
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobuckeyes View Post
Very Fishy story going on here. Reports from Automotive News states GM has not reinstated that dealership yet.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2010...100619934/1422

Also hearing some rumblings about a local dealership not getting reinstated. As I hear more soilded information will pass along.
Wow, good catch - I didn't see the story in Automotive News until you pointed it out.

I wonder who the individual was from GM that contacted the Congressman?
Old 06-14-2010, 10:26 PM   #21
G8Girl

Just read about another GM dealer that was reinstated before arbitration-- Henna Chevrolet Cadillac in Aiken, South Carolina.

Auto dealership won't have to close up shop

A year ago General Motors told the only Chevy-Cadillac dealer in Aiken that they were no longer part of the GM franchise.

The company planned to go to court in early May to fight the decision; but, GM changed their mind before they had to go that far.

Link to article: http://www.nbcaugusta.com/news/local/96195994.html
G8Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:47 PM   #22
G8Girl

Quote:
We had our hearing this week. I think it was the most intense week I have ever been through. GM threw everything they could at us, but they did not have much to work with since our DPS is close to 100. We have to submit the summary brief then the waiting begins. I think I'll work on a press release now so it's ready to go if we get the good word.
Definitely wishing you the best of luck & looking forward to your great news!

Quote:
I would like to thank Alan Spitzer, Jack Fitzgerald, and Tammy Darvish, without their efforts none of this would have been possible.
Absolutely agree!! The passing of the dealer legislation which allowed for 100's of dealers to be reinstated definitely would not have been possible without the perseverance of Tammy, Jack & Alan and the supporting members of CRDR that never gave up!
G8Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:02 AM   #23
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8Girl View Post
Just read about another GM dealer that was reinstated before arbitration-- Henna Chevrolet Cadillac in Aiken, South Carolina.
Thanks for the information, I just updated the list in the first post.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:29 PM   #24
ohiobuckeyes

Byers Downtown Chevrolet - Dealers Reinstated by General Motors to settle their Arbitration Case

"Byers owners met with GM officials several weeks ago and the reinstatement was finalized Wednesday"

http://columbus.bizjournals.com/colu...4/daily26.html

No word on their Dublin, Ohio Location yet.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:04 PM   #25
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Byers Downtown Chevrolet - Dealers Reinstated by General Motors to settle their Arbitration Case

"Byers owners met with GM officials several weeks ago and the reinstatement was finalized Wednesday"

http://columbus.bizjournals.com/colu...4/daily26.html

No word on their Dublin, Ohio Location yet.
Thanks for the information - I just updated the list in the first post of this thread.

It's great to see that GM's working with their dealers and another dealership has been reinstated.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:14 PM   #26
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Automotive News is reporting the Congressman has retracted his statement that the dealership won their arbitration case but still insists the dealership will be reinstated.

I bet there's more to this story that will never get reported.....
Old 06-21-2010, 05:14 PM   #27
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcarl View Post
Well I just heard that the dealership that I was the Manager at just got their store back. It appears that that they negotiated with GM vs. it going into full arbitration.

http://www.timescall.com/news_story.asp?ID=22288

They are still fighting with Chrysler so it will be interesting to see how that peice ends up.
Concerning their Chrysler store, it appears the Kings settled with Chrysler. Here's an excerpt from a report by the local CBS TV station - "Earlier, the automaker won cases involving two other Colorado dealers and settled with King Auto Group in Longmont."

Here's a link to the full report - click here
Old 06-21-2010, 05:22 PM   #28
possum

It will be interesting to see 2-3 years from now, how many winning arbitration Dealerships are actually still in operation.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:28 PM   #29
XDCX
Administrator

Default W.L. Morris Chevrolet wins Arbitration Case

News reports indicate W.L. Morris Chevrolet from Simi Valley, CA won their arbitration case against General Motors. For the full report - click here

I've updated the first post in the thread - it appears that W.L. Morris is only the sixth dealer in the nation to win an arbitration case against General Motors. (GM seems to be trying to settle most of their cases.)
Old 06-27-2010, 08:29 AM   #30
dgale

It seems as though anyone who asked for reinstatement in our area has been reinstated. Somebody from GM figured it would be cheaper to reinstate dealers rather than fight it out in court. A year from now let's seem how many dealers are still around. Most likely GM will still lose another 4-500 dealers due to the inability of dealers to make real money. Something GM is probably planning on . Right now our lots are bear and we are fighting to get cars and competiting with reinstated dealers for more cars. I'm glad everyone is getting a second chance and hopefully we all can survive. Time will tell.
dgale is offline   Reply With Quote