Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 12-13-2011, 09:06 AM   #1
DodgeyJeep

Default iPads on the job - How are you using them?

I know Chrysler has been big on the apps for the vehicles this year, and I've used them on my iphone as more of a personal training device, but how about the ipad. I showroom doesn't work with it. Dealer.com websites load up just fine. How are you using it to sell more cars at the dealership? Are there any apps that really help you out? When are you using them? With the customer or during your downtime to manage productivity?
DodgeyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Thanks for starting the thread - I love discussions that involve new technology. (Did I mention I have a Droid X...... )

That said, I don't get the impression there are any Chrysler dealers who are using the iPad (or any other device) with any success on the showroom floor at this point.

I know Mercedes Financial had a test program a year or so ago with the iPad and deemed it a success. As I recall the salespeople were using the iPad to complete finance applications and to process lease return vehicles.

On a different note, I noticed a banner ad on the Automotive News website promoting an application for the iPad that Service Advisors could use during the write up process. I don't know anything about it but it could be useful if a Service Advisior could use the iPad to scan a VIN number or take pictures of pre-existing damage.

Does anyone know of some iPad success stories for the Sales Department?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:18 AM   #3
danderson

I have an iPad personally that I use here at the store. Our CRM loads on it so it is nice to do one-on-ones with my salespeople and managers. I also use it to go over CSI with our guys. Our GM rep just received an iPad that GM gave to all of their field personnel. It has all the access they need. From the dealership level, it doesn't seem that we have all the access yet. I'm a tech geek and love new stuff. I'm thinking that since the field reps have them that we won't be too far behind.

On a side note, our Audi store had to buy three iPads with the launch of the A8 a year or so ago. They were supposed to be used when talking to the customer about the car. From what I understand, one has been stolen so the other two are usually in a drawer somewhere.

That's my two cents........
danderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:56 AM   #4
ssdd

all the Chrysler sales reps have them. I have seem my dms one time, right after he got it, other than that, it has been all lap top....
ssdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:38 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Default Lots of new tablets were announced at CES

I was thinking of this thread when I read about all the cool tablets that were announced at this year's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.

ASUS will have a 7" tablet running the latest version of Android available and it will be priced at $249. Vizio is coming out with new tablets and Intel is developing chips for Android based phones and tablets.

It's only a matter of time until having a tablet will be as common as having a computer and the sales process on the showroom will have to evolve.

On a side note, Vizio is upping their game and launching a new line of laptop computers. The "spin" at CES is Vizio wants to provide all of the style and appeal that Apple provides without the price premium. Sounds interesting to me....
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote