Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Regional Forums > Northwest Region > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Old 11-06-2009, 05:23 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Don Jones buys Montana Ford Dealership

Anyone who has ever worked for Lithia has certainly heard of Don Jones.

News reports indicate that Don has purchased a Ford Dealership in Laurel, Montana. Here's a link to the report - click here

Don Jones played a very visible roll while Lithia was in their growth mode and is well known among Chrysler dealers on the West Coast.

In the event Don ever reads this, congratulations on your purchase and good luck with your new store.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:17 PM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Default Don Jones to purchase Chrysler Dealership in Cottage Grove, OR

News reports indicate Don Jones has negotiated the purchase of Kendall Auto Center, the Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge dealer in Cottage Grove, OR. For the full report - click here

For reasons I don't fully understand, this thread receives a fair amount of trafffic from Google so I figured I'd update it with the latest information concerning Don Jones.

On a side note, I think it's great Don was able to buy the Chrysler dealership in the town where his father did business over 30 years ago.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:23 PM   #3
SHACOS
Super Moderator

I have a prediction. In 20 years, Don will have his own auto group. Maybe sooner. Say what you will about Don, but he knows how to motivate sales staff and sell cars.
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:34 PM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHACOS View Post
I have a prediction. In 20 years, Don will have his own auto group. Maybe sooner. Say what you will about Don, but he knows how to motivate sales staff and sell cars.
I agree.

In fact, that's why I think this thread gets so much traffic from Google. People are curious to learn what Don's been up to an this thread appears on the first page of the Google Search Results for "Don Jones Lithia."

On a side note, I had to smile when I read the quotes from Don in the new report in the above post - I never knew he could be so charming....
Old 08-13-2010, 10:21 AM   #5
jadog1

I had to post on "Don" extremely intelligent, one of the finest speakers I've heard, organized, taskmaster, demanding, forceful, accepts nothing less than your best, driven to win and succeed! Fairest man I've work for. No be your back BS he's right in front of you, no guessing with this boy. Sounds just like my old football coach in high school (oh yes we were undefeated 2 years in a row) I say congrats to Don.
jadog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:53 PM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadog1 View Post
I had to post on "Don" extremely intelligent, one of the finest speakers I've heard, organized, taskmaster, demanding, forceful, accepts nothing less than your best, driven to win and succeed! Fairest man I've work for. No be your back BS he's right in front of you, no guessing with this boy. Sounds just like my old football coach in high school (oh yes we were undefeated 2 years in a row) I say congrats to Don.
That's cool - great comments.

I remember years ago Gary Dilts was in Portland for a Grass Roots meeting and the dealers were allowed to ask questions with an open microphone. I don't even recall what the issues were, but the meeting started to turn sour and there was a lot of anxiety in the air. Jones took the microphone and gave his assessment of the situation - bold, blunt and to the point. His spin was mostly positive and allowed the dealers and factory to get past the finger pointing and focus on solutions.