Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > General Motors > Sales

Notices

Old 12-24-2012, 07:15 AM   #16
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpartsguy View Post
And that, Gentlemen, is a Damn shame. GM forces this Disney Institute down our throats, and Disney's #1 thing - make your business a Destination, not just a place you HAVE to go. Mr Heitz did just that....and got punished. Congrats Mr Heitz, for NOT putting up with this foolishness.
http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...klahoma-dealer
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #17
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpartsguy View Post
Congrats Mr Heitz, for NOT putting up with this foolishness.
I concur 100%.

I just had a chance to read both articles and I think it's awesome that Marc Heitz decided he was tired of dealing with GM and decided to sever the relationship. While I wish no ill-will toward the purchaser of Heitz's dealership, David Stanley, there's part of me that would love to see GM lose 50% of their sales volume out of this store due to the ownership change.

In my opinion, Heitz epitomizes what's always made the retail auto business appealing. He's a first generation car dealer who believes in supporting his community and was willing to take a huge risk and build a new facility when his OEM was headed toward bankruptcy.

Hell, if Don Johnson from Chevrolet had any brains he'd try to figure out how to get Marc more dealerships instead of forcing him out of the network because his facility didn't fit GM's cookie-cutter image.

Here's a tip for all the OEMs: Facilities don't sell cars - people do.

On a final note, part of me senses that Marc Heitz is a genius and with huge tax hikes and the fiscal cliff headed our direction he may have timed his exit perfectly.

Who wants to bet that Marc Heitz gets a chance to buy back his store for 50% or less then what he sold it for in the next five years?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #18
jayhawk

gm has learned nothing in bankruptcy.
their image program is a collossal waste of money for their dealers and themselves.
they forgot to look at harley davidsons facility program. hd encouraged/coerced their dealers to build destination stores that reflected local heritage , and rewarded them with additional product to help them pay for the build. gm's program continues to commoditize their product with bland facilities that will add no extra value to the transaction.
their arrogance has no equal.
jayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #19
Txflyer

Just another reason I'm happy to be an EX-GM dealer.
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote