Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 08-03-2009, 02:40 PM   #1
Txflyer

Default Rejected CARS claim - HELP!!!!!

I am completly lost. Got our first rejected claim today. I can find no way to "ammend" or "correct" a claim in the system. However, if you try and re-enter it, upon submission you get a message that the particular VIN number has already had a claim made on it and is no longer eligible.

Anybody know what to do. I can't get ahold of anyone on the help line.
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
Txflyer

OK - figured out how to ammend a rejected claim, but it sure wasn't very intuitive. Gave up on trying to get through on the 800 number and just started playing around until I found something that worked.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:21 PM   #3
mopar4life

I have 2 deals that I "saved" in the system but now I can't do anything with them. The only choice when you "view invoices" is to export them to excel or pdf files. I can't add attachments (which is why I saved them in the first place) or submit them. Any ideas? I'm afraid if I re-enter those invoices I will get a similar issue with the VIN# as you did Txfler.
mopar4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #4
Txflyer

I think it is the Create Invoices tab where you can actually update them.

Last edited by Txflyer; 08-03-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:52 AM   #5
WillSD

mopar4life -- Log on to the dealer support site. Click on the "Finance" tab. Click on the "Go" button (leave all fields blank). All invoices will appear. Open invoices which have not been submitted (or rejected invoices requiring correction) will have a yellow pencil/pen/crayon icon in the "update" field. Locked invoices (those currently under review) will have a white pencil/pen/crayon icon. Click on the yellow icon and you can add your attachments.
WillSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:21 AM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

WillSD - Thanks for the information.

I'm sure that will be helpful to a lot of people as they learn more about the CARS Claim process.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:11 AM   #7
mopar4life

Thanks for the help everyone. Ironically I did discover how to retrieve the invoices & make changes, etc (under the create invoice section). I guess I'm just really thick! I mean the site is just so "user friendly" and all I can't believe it's taking me 2-3 attempts for EVERY BASIC task!!!
I'm going to take my kids Candy Land game to work with me today to keep myself occupied!!!
mopar4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:08 PM   #8
angewi6

Be very careful with writing Junk Automobile, Cars.gov on the front or back of the title

If you write it on the outsides/border of the title, it will reject...ughhhh!
angewi6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #9
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by angewi6 View Post
Be very careful with writing Junk Automobile, Cars.gov on the front or back of the title

angiewi6 - First post - Welcome to DealershipForum.com

Thanks for sharing your experience with our other members. CARS has become a major cash flow issue for a number of dealers and anything that can be done to cut down on rejects is great information to know.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:49 AM   #10
angewi6

Quote:

Has anyone had this situation when the title was already given to the crush facility back when we originally had to crush them before submitting... How are we supposed to fix these? Fortunatly, we only had one reject that had already been crushed, but I would still like to get paid on that one!
Old 08-13-2009, 12:05 PM   #11
Txflyer

Quote:
Has anyone had this situation when the title was already given to the crush facility back when we originally had to crush them before submitting... How are we supposed to fix these? Fortunatly, we only had one reject that had already been crushed, but I would still like to get paid on that one!
My suggestion would be to request a duplicate title. Only way I can think of getting around it.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:47 PM   #12
angewi6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txflyer View Post
My suggestion would be to request a duplicate title. Only way I can think of getting around it.
That is a good idea, thx!

I just hope we can still submit by the time we actually get the dup title.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:51 PM   #13
crowe

Just spoke w/ a competitor that’s done 150+ C4C deals w/ no payment to date.
First 30 deals rejected because the deal summary sheet was hand written instead of typed.
crowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:01 PM   #14
CL Pgh

Quote:
How are we supposed to fix these? Fortunatly, we only had one reject that had already been crushed, but I would still like to get paid on that one!
You should still have this title scanned into your computer or you can capture a good picture of it from the CARS website. Either way, get a good print copy of the front and back... make your changes and resubmit as though it's the original title.

I have a couple now where the "Junk Automobile,CARS.gov" is correctly typed onto the front & back of the titles and they still rejected those invoices... apparently they're not even looking that closely at the titles anyway.?
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:02 PM   #15
birch3x

According to a lengthy conference call yesterday between NHTSA, NADA, and other dealer associations there are some new stats.

300,000 submissions
85% Rejection rate
2% Approved
Less than 2 % Paid
Top reasons for rejection-
'Junk Auto CARS.gov' not printed on all title docs = 14%
comloete / legible insurance info =9%
incomplete 5 page Summary of Sale =9%

13,000 will be rejected today for incompatability with program rules

education institutions and government agencies do not qualify

Looks like nobody's getting the $
birch3x is offline   Reply With Quote