Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Regional Forums > South Central Region > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Old 03-08-2016, 10:44 AM   #1
Moshe @ Performance Brokerage Services
Supporting Sponsor

Default 3 dealerships sold in Denison, Texas

We have recently closed on the sale of three dealerships in Denison, Texas. The three import lines (Honda, Nissan and Toyota) were operated by Mr. Steve Starns who was doing business as Red River Auto Group.

The buyer was Mr. Tom Durant. A mega dealer who operates over 30 franchises in 3 different states.

I would like to take the opportunity and proudly share with the readers the seller's comments post-closing:

“I have been in the car business in the Dallas Area for almost 40 years. Of course this lent itself for me to encounter a multitude of business relationships with a diverse group of professionals. In all my business dealings, I can tell you I have never had a more rewarding and professional experience than what Jason Stopnitzky afforded me in our joint effort to sell my dealerships. First and foremost, Jason is a world class person and father, yet his automotive business acumen is well beyond his years. In my opinion, that credit goes to his Father, Moshe Stopnitzky, who founded the business. Jason and I formed a lifelong friendship and bond working through the complex nature of this sale of multiple franchises. To anyone who is considering the purchase or sale of a dealership, you are getting the most knowledgeable and professional auto brokerage team in the country when you hire Jason Stopnitzky and Performance Brokerage Services.” - Steve Starnes

Moshe Stopnitzky, President
Performance Brokerage Services, Inc.
A New Car Dealership Brokers Firm
www.performancebrokerageservices.com

Last edited by Moshe @ Performance Brokerage Services; 06-29-2016 at 10:13 AM.
Moshe @ Performance Brokerage Services is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:19 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Moshe,

Congratulations on another successful transaction for Performance Brokerage Services.

Concerning the testimonial that was provided by Mr. Starnes, that was awesome. It's great to read that even a Dealer who has been in the car business for over 40 years values the service and insight that your firm and your son, Jason Stopnitzky, have been able to provide.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:46 AM   #3
DealerEx

An anecdote from the "old days": I've known the Durant family, especially Tom and his Dad, Jude Durant, since the early 70's. Jude started Durant Chevrolet around 1960-61, but had been in a number of businesses in Granbury for years prior to that. He and his wife Opal (who was the financial manager of all the businesses) had had a café, wrecking yard, tire business among others...quite a mix of occupations. Jude liked to gamble. Loved to shoot dice, play cards, dominoes....anything you could wager on. By the late 1970's, they had 3 hugely successful dealerships and in the 90's, Tom started expanding into the DFW metro area with Classic Chevy in Grapevine. I was running a poker game back in the early 80's, in my hometown about 50 miles from Granbury and had several players from Granbury that were regulars each week. One night, an older rancher from the Granbury area came down with one of the regulars, and when he found out I was in the car business he told me he and Jude used to be partners in the tire business that Jude was operating when the Chevy store opportunity came up. Jude told him he wanted to do the deal and wanted him to go in on it. The old rancher said he told him "Nope...Jude you don't know a damn thing about the car business, and you're talking about a lot of money and I just don't think you're smart enough to run a car dealership so count me out." He laughed then and said, "I reckon that was about the costliest misjudgment I ever made."
DealerEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 12:13 PM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DealerEx View Post
An anecdote from the "old days": I've known the Durant family, especially Tom and his Dad, Jude Durant, since the early 70's. Jude started Durant Chevrolet around 1960-61, but had been in a number of businesses in Granbury for years prior to that. He and his wife Opal (who was the financial manager of all the businesses) had had a café, wrecking yard, tire business among others...quite a mix of occupations. Jude liked to gamble. Loved to shoot dice, play cards, dominoes....anything you could wager on. By the late 1970's, they had 3 hugely successful dealerships and in the 90's, Tom started expanding into the DFW metro area with Classic Chevy in Grapevine. I was running a poker game back in the early 80's, in my hometown about 50 miles from Granbury and had several players from Granbury that were regulars each week. One night, an older rancher from the Granbury area came down with one of the regulars, and when he found out I was in the car business he told me he and Jude used to be partners in the tire business that Jude was operating when the Chevy store opportunity came up. Jude told him he wanted to do the deal and wanted him to go in on it. The old rancher said he told him "Nope...Jude you don't know a damn thing about the car business, and you're talking about a lot of money and I just don't think you're smart enough to run a car dealership so count me out." He laughed then and said, "I reckon that was about the costliest misjudgment I ever made."
Thanks for sharing - that was an awesome story.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote