Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 01-15-2015, 02:31 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Cool Dodge provides cool Challenger Hellcat Driving Simulator at Barrett-Jackson

The first major change I noticed when I walked into Barrett-Jackson this year was the presence of the Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram and Fiat brands.

Ford and GM were both the title sponsor OEMs for the past several years so I was surprised to see the FCA brands on display. While all of the FCA brands had vehicles on display there was no question that the Dodge Performance Cars were the ones most heavily marketed/displayed.

One of the coolest things I noticed when I was walking through the FCA display was the Challenger Hellcat Driving Simulator. Here's a somewhat crappy picture I took as I was leaving the auction:

The Challenger was modified so the steering, brake and accelerator all worked as electronic inputs into a video-game like driving experience. The driver looked at three big screen TVs and navigated the Hellcat through a road race course. The Challenger was also modified with "shakers" that would shake the vehicle if it was driven off-course to simulate what it would feel like trying to navigate the car back to the race course.

The three big screen TVs seemed to pull people to the display as some wondered what was happening and others wanted to wait their turn for a chance behind the wheel.

If you have an Auto Show scheduled for your market you might want to have your BC contact Auburn Hills and find out how much it would cost to have the Challenger Hellcat Driving Simulator shipped out to your market. It's definitely a crowd pleaser and would help pull people to your display and keep them there as they watch what's going on.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:42 PM   #2
mryan55

I wasn't able to make it up to the Detroit Auto Show during media days this week... usually I go up before it opens to the public. However, this year I will be there all the masses on Sunday.

Unfortunately, Indianapolis Auto Show is the last auto show of each year (December 26-January 1) so we have some time to wait to see if we can snag this... haha.
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote