Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

View Poll Results: Will someone from your Dealership attend Chrysler's Orlando Dealer Meeting
Yes, it's an important meeting and I'm not concerned about the expense. 4 14.81%
Yes, while I think the cost is excessive, the meeting is too important to miss. 6 22.22%
Maybe, if the cost is lowered our Dealership will likely send someone to the meeting. 2 7.41%
No, the cost is excessive given the duration of the meeting. 11 40.74%
No, the cost is not the issue, we're just not able to send anyone to the meeting. 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2010, 03:54 PM   #106
XDCX
Administrator

Default Automotive News Update

Automotive News is reporting that Marchionne has given his presentation to the dealers and they've extracted a few quotes. The quotes are mostly what you'd expect to hear - nothing worth noting.

The report indicates the dealers saw 30 new vehicles including 16 that have been freshened or re-designed for '11. An undetermined number of the 30 new vehicles were special edition Mopar vehicles. It's unclear if the Chrysler showed any product beyond the '11 model year.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:01 AM   #107
possum

It will be nice to hear from someone who was at the meeting. AutoNews, and the comments section, do not indicate it was much of a meeting. A lot of show for the FIAT brand, which virtually no Chrysler Dealer will get anyhow.

Was it worth the time, and money spent to go to Orlando?

However, articles are saying his sweater looked nice.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:56 AM   #108
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum View Post
It will be nice to hear from someone who was at the meeting. AutoNews, and the comments section, do not indicate it was much of a meeting. A lot of show for the FIAT brand, which virtually no Chrysler Dealer will get anyhow.

Was it worth the time, and money spent to go to Orlando?

However, articles are saying his sweater looked nice.
I agree, it will be interesting to hear from the people who attended and get their take on the meeting - especially the Q&A session.

On a side note, here's the AutoExtremist's take on Machionne's presentation - click here (The comments about Japan's currency intervention are also interesting.)
Old 09-15-2010, 11:14 AM   #109
Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post

On a side note, here's the AutoExtremist's take on Machionne's presentation - click here (The comments about Japan's currency intervention are also interesting.)
Wow, that guy bitches way more than I do. And I never use bad words. Whew...
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:27 AM   #110
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
Wow, that guy bitches way more than I do. And I never use bad words. Whew...
In fairness, Peter De Lorenzo has been jabbing Marchionne almost from the very first day and I think he would have written a critical piece regardless of what Marchionne said during his presentation.

That said, De Lorenzo's comments about the excellent products coming from General Motors and Ford are right on. In fact, I think that's one of the biggest differences between Iacocca's challenge to save Chrysler contrasted to Marchionne's. Iacocca launched the K-Car against the Ford Fairmont and the Chevrolet Citation. Marchionne faces much more competition from Ford and GM - let alone the competition from Japan and Korea.

Concerning your writing style, I think you and De Lorenzo have a lot in common - and I mean that as a compliment.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:01 PM   #111
dodgequality

I remember, oh so well, coming home from dealer shows all full of piss and vinegar. It wore off soon. I began to realize that the piss and vinegar was provided more by fellow dealers than Chrysler.
The same can be said about this Forum. As bankruptcy and rejection loomed, the feeling of helplessness grew. But very quickly we learned that there were others, just as good as us,who were in the same boat. And the support extended was priceless.
You Newco are energized after the pep talk. You'll find that all this "new" stuff is but a piece of plastic here, a new color there. But the real energy will come from the time you spent sharing with your fellow dealers.
Good luck!
dodgequality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:49 AM   #112
79LilRedExpress

"But the real energy will come from the time you spent sharing with your fellow dealers."

And that is why I am sorry that I was unable to attend the Announcement Show
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:09 AM   #113
Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post

Concerning your writing style, I think you and De Lorenzo have a lot in common - and I mean that as a compliment.
I do love reading someone who tells it the way THEY see it. Right or wrong, his style comes off as honest. He believes what he says and that comes out.

Being a saint myself, I was astounded with the naughty bad-bad words he used.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote