Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 03-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #1
gwood6215

Default Signage

Are we required to purchase signage from manufacturer recommended company in the state of Missouri. I have recieve a price almost $9000.00 less form a local company
gwood6215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:06 AM   #2
JoeRocket

Now how is the Mafia supposed to pay it's bar tabs without having their hands in your wallet? C'mon now...
JoeRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
DealerEx

Just another one of the many "dealer taxes" that the factory requires you to pay. Someone has to pay for all the corporate retreats and trips...
DealerEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwood6215 View Post
Are we required to purchase signage from manufacturer recommended company in the state of Missouri. I have recieve a price almost $9000.00 less form a local company
It's a great question and while I'm no expert my guess is you'll end up having to pay the extra $9K and use Chrysler's approved supplier.

I remember back in college I took a Business Law course and the issue of how much control a company had over their franchises was discussed.

The case study involved a fast food company that wanted to force their franchises to buy all of their food and supplies directly through the parent company. It was ruled that the franchisees could buy their food and supplies from other vendors as long as it met the "quality" criteria dictated by the parent company.

While it appeared the franchisees scored a major victory, the fast food company kept altering their specifications so other suppliers wouldn't be able to meet their "quality" standards.

I think the same issue will apply to Chrysler and their signage requirements. It's worth looking into, but my bet is you'll waste more than $9,000 trying to convince Auburn Hills and the local Business Center that you've found a suitable alternative.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote