Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Old 01-26-2010, 06:20 AM   #1
MICDJDLR

Default Anyone want a R&R F&I printer?

We have some leftover hardware lying around the dealership after our switch from R&R DMS to Dealertrack DMS. Does anyone have any need for a R&R ACCEL 535-C impact F&I printer? I'd be happy to send it to you provided you pay for the shipping....just want it out of the store. Otherwise, it's heading to the dumpster.
MICDJDLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:06 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

That's a nice offer - Good Karma for you...

How's the DealerTrack DMS been working out for you and your store?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:16 AM   #3
F&I Pro

Micdjdlr, are you referring to Arcona? If so I hope you have plenty of patience...we were down over 7 hours yesterday...and watch your numbers closely, not all aftermarket adds get added to the deal
F&I Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:03 AM   #4
ohiobuckeyes

Also wanting to know how DealerTrack is going for you, do you have own your computers. The reason i ask was my HD went out in the Rey Rey CPU the other day and Rey Rey fixed it with a new HD.

Was thinking about DT DMS after our Contract is up with REY REY but I know that in five years we will get new computers and replaced with out a dime out of own pocket.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:12 AM   #5
MICDJDLR

Thanks for the questions....we do have Dealertrack DMS (Arkona)....and yes our patience has been pushed to the limit recently. Unfortunately they seem to have made some mistakes regarding support and internal hardware in relation to rapid increase of new dealers on their system.

Up until recently the system has worked beautifully....the last 3 Mondays we have experienced either complete system downs or very slow system performances. When the system is performing properly it is truly a pleasure to work on - everything from deals to ros has met or exceeded our expectations. Having come from R&R the year end process was sooooo simplistic on DT DMS that I felt we were not doing something properly. Lots of headaches saved when comparing the actual DMS system compared to R&R. However - those headaches plus have been received due to the support and internal system errors that they are experiencing.

I've communicated with DT DMS as to what I (as a dealer) feel that need to do to make things better.

1. add no more dealers until they remedy their current infrastructure issues & bulk up & educate their support staff
2. when experiencing a known issue - communicate that immediately via email to their dealer body so we can know that they are working on it and not feel compelled to call support (waiting 45 minutes for assistance) only to be told "they are working on it"

Here's what our rep from Dealertrack said in response to our complaints:

"Again, I’m so sorry for the issues you are experiencing. I’ve been with Arkona going on six years and our growth has, unfortunately, created support issues. I still believe in the product and the business philosophy of Dealertrack/Arkona and I’m confident that these system performance issues will be remedied very soon.

Steve Windham
Dealertrack DMS
Cell 216 272 4346
Office 801 617 8911
eFax 216 916 4982
www.dealertrack.com/dms"

To be fair - when we were with R&R we had system downs as well....however, their support was always excellent. Unfortunately they have priced themselves out of the market.

Ohio: we do own our own computers - the only hardware that we had to buy for the conversion was a router and new f&i printers. My contention with your "new computers w/o a dime out of pocket" statement is that, you are paying for those computers in your inflated support and lease payments to R&R.

As of right now, I'm glad we switched, it was the right business choice for our dealership. I'm extremely disappointed with the system issues we are experiencing w/ DT DMS; however, I feel confident that DT will get their **** together and fix their issues - they can't afford not too. If you are considering switching - do your research regarding costs & support, and know that no decision will be without it's pros and cons.
MICDJDLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:17 PM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICDJDLR View Post
I've communicated with DT DMS as to what I (as a dealer) feel that need to do to make things better.

1. add no more dealers until they remedy their current infrastructure issues & bulk up & educate their support staff
2. when experiencing a known issue - communicate that immediately via email to their dealer body so we can know that they are working on it and not feel compelled to call support (waiting 45 minutes for assistance) only to be told "they are working on it"
Thanks for the information - I appreciate your objective assessment.

I just visited the Automotive News site and noticed DealerTrack has a banner ad pitching their DMS service - it doesn't appear they're going to follow your first suggestion.

Concerning your second suggestion, I'm really surprised DealerTrack doesn't do that already. My dream is that one day the forum is so large that there are hundreds of members logged-on at any given time and issues like this can be addressed in real-time.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote