Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Old 10-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #31
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk View Post
take pity on the long suffering jayhawk fans. good times are surely coming. we dont know which year, decade, or century however.
You have my sympathies. I remember suffering through UW's 0 - 12 season like it was yesterday. Near the end I was actually hoping the Huskies would lose the rest of their games so they'd be forced to fire Coach Willingham. (Thankfully that happened and now the Huskies have a much brighter future under Coach Sarkisian. )

Concerning the Jayhawks, I've never been much of a Charlie Weis fan so that would make the 1 - 5 season even harder to take.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:22 AM   #32
XDCX
Administrator

Unhappy Disappointing Husky Loss

The Huskies lost to the University of Arizona on Saturday with a final score of 17 - 52 and they played pretty poorly. Arizona was supposed to be one of the "easy" teams on the schedule but Arizona was in control for the entire game.

It won't get any easier next week - the Huskies host #7 Ranked Oregon State.

On a happier note, the Husky loss was a little bit easier to take because I just had a FREE pizza for dinner. I won a free pizza as part of Papa John's promotion with the NFL where they're giving away 2 Million Free Pizzas.

As before in this thread, the Huskies may have lost but at least the pizza was good.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:49 AM   #33
tnpartsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpartsguy View Post
Look at the SEC....MS State is currently undefeated!
AND STILL UNDEFEATED!!!

Both Mississippi State and ALABAMA are going into this weekend's game undefeated!! I don't care if Alabama is #1 and MS State is #11, I think it's going to be a GOOD and CLOSE game.
tnpartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:19 PM   #34
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Both Mississippi State and ALABAMA are going into this weekend's game undefeated!! I don't care if Alabama is #1 and MS State is #11, I think it's going to be a GOOD and CLOSE game.
I totally agree and I think that's the reason I enjoy College Football more then the NFL. I still enjoy the NFL, but there's something about watching an underdog beat a ranked school that makes College Football special.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #35
XDCX
Administrator

Smile Huskies upset #8 Ranked Oregon State.....

The UW Huskies handed #8 Ranked Oregon State their first loss of the season when they hosted the Beavers at Century Link Stadium. (Home of the Seattle Seahawks.)

The score was 17 - 20 and Washington was fortunate to get the win. Oregon State's QB threw four interceptions and Washington's defense played a pretty decent game. Washington's offense was still spotty and the Huskies almost self-destructed with stupid penalties. That said, an unranked underdog knocked off the #8 team in the nation and it was awesome to watch.

On a side note, I read that Coach Sarkesian got his team fired up by letting them read a report in the local OSU newspaper indicating the Huskies were "soft" and wouldn't be able to compete with OSU. The Huskies rose to the occasion and played a very aggressive game of football. I love it when coaches can get their player to play above their abilities.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:24 PM   #36
XDCX
Administrator

Default Six of the PAC-12 Teams listed in the AP Top 25

With nine of the Top 25 Teams losing this past week I was expecting to see some changes in this week's AP Top 25 College Football Ranking.

I read the new ranking this morning and I was happy to see six of the PAC-12 Teams listed in the AP Top 25:
Oregon
Oregon State
Stanford
USC
Arizona
UCLA
The PAC-12 is a tough conference and there's enough equality between programs that upsets are not that uncommon. This week both USC and Oregon State were upset and my bet is there's more to follow before the season ends. (But I don't want the Huskies to lose in any upsets - especially WSU.)
Old 11-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #37
XDCX
Administrator

Default Huskies win their first game on the road in over a year...

In a rare Friday night game, the UW Huskies finally managed to win a game on the road by beating California with a score of 21 - 13.

It was the Huskies first road win in over a year and should provide the team with a lot of confidence as they finish out their season with Utah, Colorado and Washington State.

While it was great to get a victory on the road it was an "ugly win" as the Huskies made several mistakes and turned the ball over four times. Fortunately for the Huskies, California was just as sloppy and turned the ball over four times too.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #38
tnpartsguy

Default Well THAT Sucked

Quote:
AND STILL UNDEFEATED!!!

You know the game is doomed when the COACH cost you 15 yrds in the 1st 2 minutes of the game......
Old 11-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #39
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
You know the game is doomed when the COACH cost you 15 yrds in the 1st 2 minutes of the game......
I didn't have a chance to see the game. What did Coach Mullen do to get a 15 yard penalty?
Old 11-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #40
tnpartsguy

I didn't see it, but from what I was told he stepped too close or onto the field. It's a technical foul.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #41
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
I didn't see it, but from what I was told he stepped too close or onto the field. It's a technical foul.
Thanks for the update. For a 15 yard penalty I was expecting he did something a little more substantial.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:06 PM   #42
XDCX
Administrator

Wow, you know I've been slacking off when it takes me almost a full week to add the Huskies most recent score to this thread.

The Huskies played Utah last Saturday as their last "Home" game at Century Link Stadium and came away with a pretty impressive 34 - 15 victory. The Huskies play Colorado this week and end their regular season with a game at Washington State the following week.

Hopefully the Huskies will continue to play well and they'll get a chance to play in a decent post-season Bowl Game.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:13 PM   #43
XDCX
Administrator

Default Alabama loses to Texas A&M at Home.....

Who would have thought - Alabama loses to Texas A&M at Home.

I think that's one of the main reasons I love College Football - on any given weekend an underdog can knock off a ranked team and totally change the post-season match-ups.

Will Oregon be the next top team to be knocked off? While Oregon should be safe with a home game this week against Stanford, it could be a different story when they play Oregon State on their turf next week. The Oregon/Oregon State game is known as the "Civil War" and I'm sure the OSU Beavers would love to upset Oregon.

As always, time will tell.....
Old 11-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #44
lsx only

I went to the Bama vs Ms state game was bored to death,would have never thought Texas would pull that off they have an awesome QB.
lsx only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:33 AM   #45
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Will Oregon be the next top team to be knocked off? While Oregon should be safe with a home game this week against Stanford, it could be a different story when they play Oregon State on their turf next week. The Oregon/Oregon State game is known as the "Civil War" and I'm sure the OSU Beavers would love to upset Oregon.

As always, time will tell.....
I watched the last three minutes of the Oregon/Sanford game and the OT that followed - that was some exciting football.

I wanted Oregon to win because I think that's what would have been best for the PAC-12 Conference but it was also good to see Oregon get knocked down a peg or two. It's been years since Oregon's lost a game at home and it was interesting to watch Stanford control the line of scrimmage and force Oregon out of their "high-tempo" offense.

It was also incredible that Oregon's upset came only a few hours after #1 Kansas State had been upset. I heard that's the first time the Top 2 teams have lost in the same week since 2009.