Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Old 10-05-2009, 10:53 AM   #31
gingersnap

XDCX, I feel for you I was pulling for your HUSKIES over the Irish my wife does not understand how I can get wraped up in College Football.
gingersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #32
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingersnap View Post
XDCX, I feel for you I was pulling for your HUSKIES over the Irish my wife does not understand how I can get wraped up in College Football.
Thanks for the post - that was such a close game.

I was listening to the game via Sirius Radio but I only had access to the Notre Dame broadcast. It was hard to listen to their announcers get excited everytime the Irish were making a comeback.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:51 AM   #33
zohpy

Quote:
zophy - Congratulations on your Canes upsetting #8 Oklahoma.

That's why I love College Football, the game is played with so much emotion that almost any team can defeat a ranked team under the right circumstances.
Thank you so much X-Man. Had a bet with the boss on that one. I get an all expense paid Thanksgiving week-end with my grandson. Much better than cooking lasagne for 30 on the same week-end.

So sorry for your Huskies, can't imagine having to listen to the ND announcers on that one. Hope this helps a little and better luck next week.

Last edited by zohpy; 10-06-2009 at 08:52 AM. Reason: grammar
zohpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:53 AM   #34
XDCX
Administrator

zophy - That's awesome. :thumbsup_old:

Winning a football bet is always great, but winning one from the boss that involves a paid vacation with your grandson is a HOME RUN.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:37 AM   #35
possum

Big weekend.............

(2) Texas v (20) Oklahoma

Hook em!
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:22 AM   #36
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum View Post
Big weekend.............

(2) Texas v (20) Oklahoma

Hook em!
My bet is you'll have a happy weekend - it should be a good game.

My Huskies are headed to sunny Arizona to play ASU in a night-time game with a 7:15 p.m. kickoff. I love college football under the lights.....
Old 10-15-2009, 05:19 AM   #37
possum

Texas / OU weekend at the Cotton Bowl, during the State Fair of Texas, is huge!
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:34 AM   #38
XDCX
Administrator

Default Anyone else rooting against Boise State last night?

I admire what Boise State has been able to do with their program but I have to admit I was hoping that Tulsa would pull-off an upset when I was watching the the game last night.

While I've never been a fan of the BCS selection process, I hate the fact that Boise State will now coast for the rest of the season and we'll have to listen to all the banter about whether or not they should be in one of the BCS Championship Bowls.

I was rooting for Boise State when they beat Oregon earlier this year, but I really wanted to see them lose last night...
Old 10-15-2009, 10:45 AM   #39
zohpy

I too hate the BCS X-Man. I kindly refer to it as the BS process. I think everyone in the country wants to see a Florida - Texas match up in the Rose Bowl this year. We shall see what happens. In the meantime "Lets Go Canes"
zohpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:42 AM   #40
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zohpy View Post
I too hate the BCS X-Man. I kindly refer to it as the BS process. I think everyone in the country wants to see a Florida - Texas match up in the Rose Bowl this year. We shall see what happens. In the meantime "Lets Go Canes"
It will be interesting to see if the NCAA ever caves in and offers football fans a version of the "sweet sixteen" and the "final four"?

While I understand the concern about extending the season too far and the fact that these are student-athletes, not pros, there has to be a better solution than the BCS.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:30 AM   #41
gingersnap

headed to the so called BIG HOUSE Today Men. It has been done over some I guess in the last year we will have to see. This will be my second trip there
Old 10-22-2009, 07:08 AM   #42
CL Pgh

Quote:
headed to the so called BIG HOUSE Today Men. It has been done over some I guess in the last year we will have to see. This will be my second trip there
Should be a good game… MI has rebounded decently this year. Good Luck Lions!
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:20 AM   #43
SHACOS
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
It will be interesting to see if the NCAA ever caves in and offers football fans a version of the "sweet sixteen" and the "final four"?

While I understand the concern about extending the season too far and the fact that these are student-athletes, not pros, there has to be a better solution than the BCS.
I totally agree. It would be a hell of a lot more exciting that watching the Pep Boys Holiday Bowl on December 1st. I'm all for a playoff system in college football.
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:56 AM   #44
gingersnap

Oh ya a win in the big house. I would say that was joepa last visit to the big house that is why he was so emotional and wanted it bad theyare off the sch until 2013 i think.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:21 PM   #45
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Oh ya a win in the big house. I would say that was joepa last visit to the big house that is why he was so emotional and wanted it bad theyare off the sch until 2013 i think.
That's awesome, especially for Patterno. The first win in Michigan stadium since '96.

The emotion is what I think makes College Football so exciting. The games are so intense and every week you're almost guaranteed an upset or two.

Sounds like you had a great time at the game. Were there many Penn State fans in the Big House?