Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 02-23-2016, 10:41 AM   #16
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryan55 View Post
Those figures seem pretty crazy for an XJ. I must say they look in pretty good shape and given the location of the cars they likely haven't seen too much harsh weather.
You make a great point about the location and how the vehicles are in better shape. The old TJ Wranglers also have incredibly high wholesale prices out here in the west but I've seen some "salt-belt" vehicles where the frame is rusted out so bad there's hardly anything left.

From an Arizona perspective, many of the vehicles from central California look appealing because they don't have the sun damage to the paint, interiors and dash that's so common in the dessert climate.

Concerning the XJ - that vehicle seems to have a real following. I bet a person could probably run a used car operation just dedicated to XJs and do pretty decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryan55 View Post
Of course, at that time I was more worried about who might turn up at the dealership ready to trade in their Aspen, Durango, or Commander and how we would have to break the bad news.
Yep, I can totally relate.

I remember working the desk one day when a recently retired couple decided they no longer wanted the motorhome they just purchased and wanted to trade it in on a new car. We called and got a couple of "buy bids" from nearby motorhome dealers and then got to break the bad news.

If people think new cars have massive depreciation, they should look at motorhomes and see how they fare...
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 10:16 AM   #17
XDCX
Administrator

Default The old Ford Bronco also seem to be hot

Concerning older vehicles that still have a strong retail demand, I've noticed that the old Ford Bronco, the type O.J. Simpson made famous, seem to be very popular and sell at a premium.

I'm not sure if this has always been the case or if the vehicle is now more popular given our current environment of low fuel prices?

Bottom line - If you take an old Ford Bronco in on trade you might want to check prices on Ebay and other retail websites before you make the decision to wholesale the vehicle.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote