Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Introductions

Notices

Introductions Did you just join our community? Post here and introduce yourself – where do you work and what do you do?

Old 12-17-2009, 02:09 PM   #31
MARV

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
MARV, you get props for being the only member I can think of who has posted their picture as part of their profile. :thumbsup_old: You look quite dapper in a suit and tie.

On a different note, can you provide any links to the articles that you've had published, or are they limited to people who have subscribed to the F&I Magazine?
Quote:
A lot of our members are Dealer Principals, GMs, GSMs, etc. who have made critical comments about their OEM. It's not to their benefit to have too many people know who they are on an open forum. In fact, that's why we created AREA 51 for sensitive topics.

That said, the forum's not "anti-factory" and it would be great for more of our members to get a chance to know one another on a more personal level.
I updated my profile using our family's MySpace page. Check it out.
MARV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:03 PM   #32
Slo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
D-Fuzz & I have a wager on the Pack./Steelers game this weekend... does that count??? If I lose... I'll take personally if that helps.

You won't have to take it personally if you bet on the PACK!!!!! If you bet on that other team, well, I'm sure Fuzz will enjoy his winnings.
Slo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:17 PM   #33
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARV View Post
http://wardsdealer.com/ar/auto_mentoring_part_job/

This was published in this month's issue of Wards.
I've been trying to get caught up and just read your article in Ward's Dealer Business. It was a great article and I'm sure it's something that our members can relate to.

There's a big difference between a leader and a manager.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:19 AM   #34
MARV

Quote:
I've been trying to get caught up and just read your article in Ward's Dealer Business. It was a great article and I'm sure it's something that our members can relate to.

There's a big difference between a leader and a manager.
Thanks. I'm certain it frustrates us all because our department depends on the front end running correctly.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:00 AM   #35
daveb

Good Saturday morning all...
My name is Dave Bishop and I was invited to check out this forum by Marv a few days ago. I actually typed out an introduction to myself a couple of days ago but I lost it(system said I wasn't logged in when I swore I was).
Anywho...I am a member of the F&I Forum and go by djbishop over there. For some reason I've decided to change my username here,so I guess I'll go with my gut on that one.
History: I sold insurance in the 80's....cars in the 90's....and have been doing F&I since Feb,2000. Most of my finance years have been with Hyundai,and you can toss in some Mitsu,Ford and Chrysler with that. I was laid off at the beginning of Nov,due to store shut down.Times,they are a changin'...
Ok,just wanted to stop in and say hi. I hope you all have a great selling Saturday.
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:33 AM   #36
MARV

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
Good Saturday morning all...
My name is Dave Bishop and I was invited to check out this forum by Marv a few days ago. I actually typed out an introduction to myself a couple of days ago but I lost it(system said I wasn't logged in when I swore I was).
Anywho...I am a member of the F&I Forum and go by djbishop over there. For some reason I've decided to change my username here,so I guess I'll go with my gut on that one.
History: I sold insurance in the 80's....cars in the 90's....and have been doing F&I since Feb,2000. Most of my finance years have been with Hyundai,and you can toss in some Mitsu,Ford and Chrysler with that. I was laid off at the beginning of Nov,due to store shut down.Times,they are a changin'...
Ok,just wanted to stop in and say hi. I hope you all have a great selling Saturday.
Great to see you arrive here Dave!
Old 12-19-2009, 08:37 AM   #37
daveb

Thanks Marv...I'm trying to figure everything out. I was able to post my pix,even though it said I failed everytime...lol...I kept changing photo's because it said it failed,when in fact it never did.
There's ten minutes of my life I'll never get back (insert smiley face...I haven't found those yet).....
Old 12-19-2009, 09:11 AM   #38
dafuzz1956

Welcome Dave, you are doing better than me, I don't even know how to put my picture on here.
dafuzz1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:25 AM   #39
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
I actually typed out an introduction to myself a couple of days ago but I lost it(system said I wasn't logged in when I swore I was).
Dave, welcome to DealershipForum

Concerning the system, it will log you off automatically if it shows you've been inactive for 30 minutes. It does this to conserve bandwidth.

If you ever run into a similar instance where it appears your post has been lost all you need to do is log back in when prompted - most of the time that will save your prior post.

It's great to have you here and I'm glad Marv sent you an invitation.

If I can ask, are you looking to get back in the business or are you just enjoying some time off?
Old 12-19-2009, 10:15 AM   #40
daveb

Thanks for the greetings dafuzz1956 and XDCX,and the heads up on the 30 minutes inactivity. I knew I was signed in and thought I was losing it.

Yes,I am looking to get back in the business and I really can't afford this time off. With the economy situation the way it is in NE Ohio, jobs aren't as readily available as they once were. My phone used to ring quite often with opportunities,but not now.Also,friends that I talk with that are spinning paper as we speak,are miserable. The owners are going nuts on them to bring up their numbers or be prepared to get bladed. The salesmanagers want to throw crap on the wall to inflate their numbers for the day because they're fearful for losing their jobs. I'm hearing this and I just saw it at my last gig.
One thing I know. I'm pretty good at all aspects of being a finance manager and I don't want to just wind up anywhere.I want to find a home. I'm 50 yrs old and I just don't want to put up with B.S. anymore. I know there's always b.S. in the car business,but you know what I mean.

I give up....where are all the smiley faces,etc?
Old 12-19-2009, 10:41 AM   #41
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
I give up....where are all the smiley faces,etc?
I bet you're using "Quick Reply" to respond to posts - that screen strips out the extra features like smilies.

If you use the "Post Reply" link at the lower left corner of the last post in the thread you'll find you transition to a screen that has 15 smilies and includes a "More" link that has another 80 or so.

Concerning your job search, I think we can all relate to wanting to work at a store that minimizes the BS. There are good stores out there, but they're definitely in the minority.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:37 PM   #42
daveb

Ah ha....much better. You were correct XDCY.

Thank you WAY COOOOOOOOL
Old 12-19-2009, 06:14 PM   #43
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Ah ha....much better.
Now that you've found the smilies, you may want to check out the Private Message system. It's just like e-mail and it's a great way to communicate with other members on the forum.

Additionally, since you're looking for a new job you may want to start a "Job Search" thread in the Midwest Region Section. Although the Regional Sections don't get too many posts I know there are a number of people who lurk the site.

It's a long shot, but who knows? I figure the more people who know you're looking for work the better....
Old 12-19-2009, 08:02 PM   #44
daveb

Thanks XDCX,I will check all of that out. I appreciate your suggestions. I've started a "Job Search" thread in the past,elsewhere,but I've never needed it for myself.

I will let you know that I was seriously considering getting back into the insurance field but have come to the conclusion that I really do enjoy the car biz. I guess after 16 years it's in your blood.

Have a great Sunday!
Old 12-20-2009, 09:46 AM   #45
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
D-Fuzz & I have a wager on the Pack./Steelers game this weekend... does that count??? If I lose... I'll take personally if that helps.

I missed this post when you first made it.

I think it's awesome that you and dafuzz have a little wager going on. I love it when I hear that people have formed friendships with other members they've met here.