Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 11-13-2008, 10:52 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Free DVD Program Clarification

Is it just me, or is this another example of how confusing Chrysler's Incentives can be?

I just read the e-mail on DealerConnect. While it's great that Chrysler has made an effort to clarify this program, why does it have to be so confusing to start with?

I especially liked the part where the DVD charge on the Invoice may not match the DVD charge in the program rules. I guess that's just one more document you need to check before you desk a deal on a vehicle that has a DVD.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:12 AM   #2
ssdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Is it just me, or is this another example of how confusing Chrysler's Incentives can be?

I just read the e-mail on DealerConnect. While it's great that Chrysler has made an effort to clarify this program, why does it have to be so confusing to start with?

I especially liked the part where the DVD charge on the Invoice may not match the DVD charge in the program rules. I guess that's just one more document you need to check before you desk a deal on a vehicle that has a DVD.
so it is easier for an auditor to charge it back.
it is unbelievable how complicated they make these things!
ssdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:00 PM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdd View Post
so it is easier for an auditor to charge it back.
it is unbelievable how complicated they make these things!
You're 100% correct. These programs are so complicated that it makes it easy to make a mistake and open yourself up to a chargeback.

I wonder if the correct amount of the DVD Incentive appears when you run an Incentive Check on the VIN Number?
Old 11-13-2008, 12:23 PM   #4
CL Pgh

DVD credit will probably not show up in the Incentives Configurator because it’s dealer cash. And here is where most dealers will get charged back… the large majority will assume or forget to put the credit on the Buyers Order since it is a “dealer cash” program.

Dealer Cash BUT requires discloser.
Discloser of the retail value BUT we get wholesale credit.
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:28 PM   #5
ssdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
DVD credit will probably not show up in the Incentives Configurator because it’s dealer cash. And here is where most dealers will get charged back… the large majority will assume or forget to put the credit on the Buyers Order since it is a “dealer cash” program.

exactly right they got a lot of dealers on the free Hemi deal that same way.
ssdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:49 PM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post

Great post - thanks for the input.

If you think about it, the whole program is insane:
  • It's Dealer Cash but it must be on the Buyer's Order
  • The amount that you disclose on the Buyer's Order is not the amount you receive
  • The amount that's on the Invoice for the DVD may not be the amount you receive
  • Even DVDs that are already "free" on the Monroney are eligible to be "free" again.
Concerning the last point, it's almost like we're paying the customers to take the DVD.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:02 PM   #7
dafuzz1956

Did one tonight with employee purchase and man i tell you with discounts rebates and coupons and then you through this dvd crap in the mix, oh man this guy gets this van for roughly $16k off sticker. No wonder the mfg's not making any money in some of these employee deals and this guy is a relative, he didn't even work for Chrysler.
dafuzz1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:06 PM   #8
dafuzz1956

The clareification of this prog gets confusing when the sticker says $2020.00 for Rear entertainment and you can only show $1525.00 retail. The program does not cover the SIRRUS portion of the rear screen, The program only covers the value of the DVD.
dafuzz1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:03 PM   #9
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafuzz1956 View Post
Did one tonight with employee purchase and man i tell you with discounts rebates and coupons and then you through this dvd crap in the mix, oh man this guy gets this van for roughly $16k off sticker. No wonder the mfg's not making any money in some of these employee deals and this guy is a relative, he didn't even work for Chrysler.
That's a great point - there's a ton of incentive money out there.

The only downside to all of the Consumer Incentives is that they are subject to Sales Tax here in Washington. And with an Automotive Sales Tax Rate at almost 9% it starts to add up - that $16K incentive turns out to be about $14.5 after the State gets their cut.