Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 11-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #1
CL Pgh

Default Grand Cherokee Laredo’s???

So what’s up with the disappearance of Grand Cherokee Laredo allocation the past 3 mons.??? Is it…

A. ASM is telling us Chrysler makes more money on higher-end units & that’s why there’s no allocation for the Laredo.

B. Chrysler is insuring the launch of the Cherokee by eliminating the competition of the Laredo models.

I’m voting: B
(The timing of the Laredo disappearance is way too coincidental with the Cherokee launch & since when does Chrysler admit anything that’s actually upfront & factual!?!?)

Did we do this to ourselves??? I know I told my ASM on more than one occasion… “the buyers coming in to see the Dart are leaving in Avenger’s because of…”
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #2
CL Pgh

X-Man – If you feel this is an Area 51 conversation… by all means, move it on over.

CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
So what’s up with the disappearance of Grand Cherokee Laredo allocation the past 3 mons.??? Is it…

A. ASM is telling us Chrysler makes more money on higher-end units & that’s why there’s no allocation for the Laredo.

B. Chrysler is insuring the launch of the Cherokee by eliminating the competition of the Laredo models.

I’m voting: B
(The timing of the Laredo disappearance is way too coincidental with the Cherokee launch & since when does Chrysler admit anything that’s actually upfront & factual!?!?)
Hey, CL's back... It's great to have you back - I missed hearing your input.

Concerning your question, I'm voting for "B" too. Based on the past this wouldn't be the first time Auburn Hills used the allocation system or held an option hostage to juice their profits. There's nothing wrong with the house making a profit, but eliminating the GC Laredo allocations to build demand for the 2014 Cherokee is something that's good for Auburn Hills but detrimental to their dealer body.

I'm convinced that some wholesale people forget there's a world outside of their own brands. The mentality is that the customer's going to buy one of their products and they're going to try to control the transaction.

In reality, the customer who's looking for a GC Laredo may end up buying a Ford Explorer or some other SUV if he/she can't find the Grand Cherokee they're looking for. In a perfect world, all of the GC Laredo customers would select a 2014 Cherokee instead but we know that's not what actually happens.

Quote:
Did we do this to ourselves??? I know I told my ASM on more than one occasion… “the buyers coming in to see the Dart are leaving in Avenger’s because of…”
Excellent point.

There's no question that the factory reads the Dealer Composite Financial Statement and they hear the field reports from their troops. Given the difficulty Marchionne and Auburn Hills have had in launching a new product I can see why they'd want to try to tilt the field to their advantage.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
X-Man – If you feel this is an Area 51 conversation… by all means, move it on over.
Good thought - I'll wait to hear from some of our members.

To the rest of our members: If you're reluctant to add your comments to this thread because it's in the General Section of the forum just send me an PM (Private Message) with your comments and I'll add them to this thread or I'll move the thread to AREA 51 if that's the general consensus.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:55 AM   #5
mryan55

I'm voting for B. It's definitely insurance for the Cherokee launch. I have been able to get my 23A Grand Cherokee Laredos built though... no power seat/SXM radio/etc, but the 23E is light at this point.
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #6
joekid

i choose B....but what about the problems with cherokee
joekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekid View Post
but what about the problems with cherokee
Are you speaking of the historical problems with the Cherokee which resulted in them being contained for two months, or is there a new problem with the vehicles in retail inventory that I'm not aware of?