Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Forum Operations > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Check here for Announcements from the DealershipForum.com Webmaster

Old 10-15-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default New Forum Feature - Activated the "Similar Threads" list

For those of you who scroll to the bottom of the page when you read a thread on the forum you'll notice I've activated the "Similar Thread" feature.

The "Similar Threads" feature simply lists other threads on the forum that have similar content - in some cases they may be several years old. I decided to activate this feature so our members and guests who may be new to the forum can see that there's a wealth of information contained in our historical threads.

The activation of the "Similar Threads" feature may result in a lot of old threads being re-opened and updated but I don't see that as a bad thing.

When I was setting up the forum I disabled this feature since there wasn't a database of existing threads and there was a cautionary note about the demands this feature can place on the server that hosts DealershipForum. I've checked the forum's server utilization and I'm confident the server can handle the additional load.

At this point the "Similar Threads" feature is being tested - please feel free to let me know if you love it or hate it.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote