Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Introductions

Notices

Introductions Did you just join our community? Post here and introduce yourself – where do you work and what do you do?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
Daddy Butter

Default Hi! Internal Auditor/CPA

Hello everyone,

I was an outside auditor of dealerships for over 5 years and a few months ago have joined a dealer group as an internal auditor/special accounting projects role.

I hate the disconnect there can sometimes be between accounting and operations. And it's not just that both sides need each other. A dealership that has its accounting and operations streamlined and well-coordinated (i.e. on the same team) is sure to beat another dealership where accounting is seen as some necessary evil that's kept behind the curtains.

My philosophy is to make sure that everything I work on contributes to the company. Auditing for the sake of auditing is pointless. It should yield some sort of tangible benefit whether it be in the form of improved efficiency, savings, profitability, or lower organizational risk.

Thanks and I look forward to joining in on some great discussions with you all!

Last edited by Daddy Butter; 01-04-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Daddy Butter is offline   Reply With Quote