Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 12-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
CL Pgh

Default VW Only Conquest Rebate???

Does everyone have a $1,000 bonus rebate if the customer owns a VOLKSWAGON??? Are we now involved in Marchionne’s tiff with VW in Europe? (below story) This seems like a crazy assumption on my part… but when a Ram customer gets a $1000.00 bonus rebate for owning a VW… what other logical explanation is there? Someone snap me out of this thought… no way Marchionne is this “bush-league”… right??????

Story: http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/01/s...ingles-out-pi/
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
Does everyone have a $1,000 bonus rebate if the customer owns a VOLKSWAGON??? Are we now involved in Marchionne’s tiff with VW in Europe? (below story) This seems like a crazy assumption on my part… but when a Ram customer gets a $1000.00 bonus rebate for owning a VW… what other logical explanation is there? Someone snap me out of this thought… no way Marchionne is this “bush-league”… right??????

Story: http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/01/s...ingles-out-pi/
Wrong.....Looks like he is......
http://www.autonews.com/article/2012...ussle-a-bounty

The most interesting part for me was the fact that Chrysler has the highest day supply since April of '09.

Maybe they can get Jim Press back for an encore conference call!!
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
CL Pgh

So I beat AN to the punch by 4 minutes!!! Funny... not really. So, I can now comfortably ask... isn't this misappropriation of funds!? WTF! The only good that could come from this would be for the regular media to start talking about this personal bounty and end-up driving VW customers into our showrooms. Nah... we couldn't be that lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_biegler View Post
The most interesting part for me was the fact that Chrysler has the highest day supply since April of '09.

Have you seen the "Preapproved Vehicles" list in Dealer Connect??? It's been running a 1,000+ vehicles for 2 weeks now. I haven't played Scrabble in years but I think "Bank Units" can somehow be played off "Preapproved Vehicles".
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
79LilRedExpress

Have you seen the "Preapproved Vehicles" list in Dealer Connect??? It's been running a 1,000+ vehicles for 2 weeks now. I haven't played Scrabble in years but I think "Bank Units" can somehow be played off "Preapproved Vehicles".

I agree... Alot of the Journey's are listed as the Denver BC not a Dealer.
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #5
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
but I think "Bank Units" can somehow be played off "Preapproved Vehicles".
HAHA. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck its usually a duck.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #6
AR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_biegler View Post
Wrong.....Looks like he is......
http://www.autonews.com/article/2012...ussle-a-bounty

I find it depressing that Chrysler is even associated with somebody like Marchionne. It is just nauseating to see Chrysler used as his pawn in a game of global auto domination. However, that is what Chrysler has become.

As for the feud between Piech and Marchionne, I'm going with the Germans. If there is one country that will stand up to anybody, it is Germany. They won't put up with somebody like Sergio like we do in the United States. I feel Marchionne will come out of this war bloodied and banged up. VW can, and will, do whatever it wants. It is one of the largest, most profitable car companies on the planet. Fiat, on the other hand, is in free-fall, and its Chrysler subsidiary is just hanging on. I do find it amusing that VW keeps teasing Marchionne about buying Alfa Romeo. After all, Marchionne is only basing Fiat's global growth and future survival on Alfa (and Jeep), so why wouldn't he be so uptight about it?

And now Chrysler is dragged into this mess. It is so hard to remember the old Chrysler that was founded under a much better leader - Walter P. Chrysler. Such a shame it has come to this.

Last edited by AR2; 12-04-2012 at 11:34 PM.
AR2 is offline   Reply With Quote