Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > General Motors > Sales

Notices

Old 06-28-2010, 10:13 AM   #31
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgale View Post
It seems as though anyone who asked for reinstatement in our area has been reinstated. Somebody from GM figured it would be cheaper to reinstate dealers rather than fight it out in court.
That's the impression I have too and I can't fault GM's logic that it's cheaper to reinstate dealers than it is to fight with them and it's a lot better from a P.R. standpoint.

That said, I know GM is still going through the arbitration process with some dealers so they've clearly decided to fight some battles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgale View Post
A year from now let's seem how many dealers are still around. Most likely GM will still lose another 4-500 dealers due to the inability of dealers to make real money. Something GM is probably planning on . Right now our lots are bear and we are fighting to get cars and competiting with reinstated dealers for more cars. I'm glad everyone is getting a second chance and hopefully we all can survive. Time will tell.
I share your vision here too. The car business will likely be challenging for at least the next year and I'm sure there will be more dealer closures - no doubt some of them will be the reinstated GM dealers.

Concerning inventory, I've heard that's a real issue for most GM dealers now. The good news is GM is building some product that customers actually want to buy but the bad news is the dealers can't get them.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #32
XDCX
Administrator

Default Shapopee Chevrolet wins their Arbitration Case

News reports indicate that Shakopee Chevrolet of Shakopee, MN has won their arbitration case against General Motors. For the full report - click here

I've updated the first post in this thread and show the current results as: General Motors ?, Dealers 7
Old 07-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #33
XDCX
Administrator

Default Has Leson Chevrolet won their case?

I'm hearing from a reliable source that Leson Chevrolet of Harvey, LA may have won their arbitration case against General Motors. Can anyone confirm this?

I checked Google News but wasn't able to find any news reports. It would be great to add another winning dealer to the list.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:24 PM   #34
XDCX
Administrator

Default More good news? Has Bell Chevrolet of Sistersville, WV won their case?

I received information that Bell Chevrolet of Sistersville, WV may have won their arbitration case against General Motors.

Thanks to A.S. for the great news and I hope we'll be able to add more dealer victories next week.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:38 PM   #35
ohiobuckeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I received information that Bell Chevrolet of Sistersville, WV may have won their arbitration case against General Motors.

Thanks to A.S. for the great news and I hope we'll be able to add more dealer victories next week.
Really that would be great to hear. Great Group of People down in Sistersville. Have done a few Dealer Trades, will ask around the area X about this Reinstatement.

If the reinstatement is true that would make the only dealership on Route 2 in West Virginia from Weirton, WV to Parkersburg, WV

-Weirton Store closed in Wind down
-Wheeling Store moved out to new shopping Center on I-70
-Glen Dale/Moundsville Store Closed in Wind down
-New Martinsville Store went BK

So Great if it is a true statement.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:46 AM   #36
XDCX
Administrator

Default Two more GM Dealers to be reinstated

A news report from a Miami TV Station indicates that two GM dealerships received word that they'll be reinstated. For the full report - click here
  • William Lehman Buick Pontiac GMC - Miami, FL
  • Phil Smith Chevrolet - Lauderhill, FL
Based on my interpretation, it appears William Lehman won their arbitration case and Phil Smith's reinstatement was part of a settlement.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:36 PM   #37
jbellx02

Default Arbitration Decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobuckeyes View Post
Really that would be great to hear. Great Group of People down in Sistersville. Have done a few Dealer Trades, will ask around the area X about this Reinstatement.

If the reinstatement is true that would make the only dealership on Route 2 in West Virginia from Weirton, WV to Parkersburg, WV

-Weirton Store closed in Wind down
-Wheeling Store moved out to new shopping Center on I-70
-Glen Dale/Moundsville Store Closed in Wind down
-New Martinsville Store went BK

So Great if it is a true statement.
Yes it's true, Bell Chevrolet did win in Arbitration. We were informed of the decision on 7/2. Couldn't have done it without the support of CRDR, our employees and outstanding community support. jbell
jbellx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:32 PM   #38
ohiobuckeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbellx02 View Post
Yes it's true, Bell Chevrolet did win in Arbitration. We were informed of the decision on 7/2. Couldn't have done it without the support of CRDR, our employees and outstanding community support. jbell
Welcome to the form.....

Congrats....get to hear about a Hometown dealership coming back....
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:41 PM   #39
G8Girl

Quote:
Just wanted to say "CONGRATULATIONS!!"

That is great news for you, your employees and your community! I completely agree that we are all very fortunate to have the support of CRDR. Congratulations & wish you the best moving forward!!
G8Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:34 AM   #40
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
That's great news - Congratulations and Welcome to the Forum.

One of our members here was one of the first GM dealers to be reinstated and found that GM's LOI was reasonable and allowed him to easily resume operations.

Concerning CRDR, I couldn't agree more. Their efforts have paid dividends for hundreds of GM dealers and thousands of dealership employees. It's too bad the formation of CRDR was even necessary - imagine how much pain and hardship could have been avoided if the NADA would have done their job?

Thanks again for confirming the news. I've updated the list in the first post of this thread and added Bell Chevrolet of Sistersville, WV to the winning dealers list.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:41 PM   #41
XDCX
Administrator

Default Any updates for Rose Chevrolet of Hamilton, OH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
News reports indicate that Rose Chevrolet of Hamilton, OH won their arbitration case against General Motors. Here's a link to the full report - click here

I thought it was interesting the information about the dealer's victory was released by their local Congressman.
Have there been any updates to the story regarding Rose Chevrolet of Hamilton, OH?

I did a Google News Search and didn't find anything. Seems strange that the story would just die given the local Congressman's earlier statements.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:07 AM   #42
Alan Spitzer

Congratulations to the following dealers, their families and associates for their successful arbitrations:
Quinlan's GMC Antigo, WI
Leson Chevrolet Harvey, LA
Dunn Buick Oregon, OH
AS
Alan Spitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:13 AM   #43
Alan Spitzer

Default Arbitration Wins

Congratulations to the following dealers, their families and associates for their recent successful arbitrations:
Quinlan's GMC Antigo, WI
Dunn Buick Oregon, OH

And, of course, a hearty congratulations to the others already posted above!

AS
Alan Spitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:15 AM   #44
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Spitzer View Post
Congratulations to the following dealers, their families and associates for their recent successful arbitrations:
Quinlan's GMC Antigo, WI
Dunn Buick Oregon, OH

And, of course, a hearty congratulations to the others already posted above!

AS
Alan - Your first post on the forum announces three dealer victories - that's awesome. Thanks for the information and welcome to DealershipForum.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:21 AM   #45
XDCX
Administrator

Default Arbitration Update - 12 Dealer victories against GM

I've updated the information in the first post in this thread and now have a list of 12 dealers who have won their arbitration case against General Motors.