Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Asian Franchises > Honda/Acura > Sales

Notices

Old 01-08-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
Txflyer

Question Any Acura TSX dealers / owners on the boards?

Thinking about one for myself, and wondering if anyone had anything good/bad to say about them.
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:13 PM   #2
mr4t60e

A good friend of mine bought one a couple years ago. I've ridden in it several times, and was quite impressed. It seemed like a pretty solidly built car. It has over 120k on it without any trouble. Just keep up with the factory recommended maintenance (can get a bit pricey as time goes on) and you should have a stylish, sporty ride that gives good service.
mr4t60e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:56 AM   #3
SHACOS
Super Moderator

I used to have a TSX, 2004 model. Loved it! A friend of mine just sold her 2009 TSX with the new body styling. Other than being a little squirely in the snow, the car handled much the same way as the 2004.

Yes, it's just an Accord in Acura clothing, but it has a completely different driving experience. Except for the excessive road noise, that was on both models.
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:31 AM   #4
FixedOpsGuy

I owned an '04 TSX. Very impressed when I purchased it.
It is not an american Honda Accord, though. The TSX is based on the Japan built Accord. Built in Japan, not the states like the American Accord.
Very good handling and a solid 200HP 4 cly.
FixedOpsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
Txflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedOpsGuy View Post
I owned an '04 TSX. Very impressed when I purchased it.
It is not an american Honda Accord, though. The TSX is based on the Japan built Accord. Built in Japan, not the states like the American Accord.
Very good handling and a solid 200HP 4 cly.
That was one of my reasons for considering it. I drove an Accord back in the mid 90's. It was sized just right for me, and had plenty of power with the 4 cylinder. Nowadays it seems the accord has grown a good bit in size, and feels a little underpowered with the 4 cylinder. The TSX seems to be what the Accord used to be . . . .with a bit more power and still respectable mileage.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:12 PM   #6
Txflyer

Just thought I'd update this thread. Bought a 2011 TSX back in late January and absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!! Performance is very admirable for a 4cyl, ride is very sporty yet comfortable and the quality and attention to detail is outstanding!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:22 AM   #7
SHACOS
Super Moderator

Nice! Now if they would put AWD on the TSX, I'd be back in the game.
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txflyer View Post
Just thought I'd update this thread. Bought a 2011 TSX back in late January and absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!! Performance is very admirable for a 4cyl, ride is very sporty yet comfortable and the quality and attention to detail is outstanding!
Hey, thanks for the update. It's great to hear from you.

I've got to admit, from my selfish vantage point I wish you still had your Chrysler dealership. I always enjoyed your posts and thought you brought a lot of balance to the forum.

That said, I know you and your brother are happier now since you're not dealing with the stress of trying to make money at a rural Chrysler store.

Thanks again for the update and I hope you're having a great week.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote