Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > General Motors > Parts

Notices

Old 06-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #1
tnpartsguy

Default Accessorize...NO

Sorry it's been a while since I posted... the powers decided that we needed to soft load the entire lot of trucks with bedliners. I'm now on day 5 of trying to straighten out the mess service created. The SM decided to use his afterschool care kids to do it... half of them arent even under the bed rails on both sides!!! and they took out all the floor mats and tossed them in a beliner....(they were supposed to add all-weather mats ONLY if there weren't already mats.....)
tnpartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
birch3x

Check my response to the post under this one, about obsolete inventory. Bedliners are almost a thing of the past, as a 55 gallon drum of spray liner fits everything. Instead of installing them on trucks that customers may not like, I'd use accounting to write them off.
birch3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
lsx only

our people still like bedliners we sell them all the time.Lots of farmers in our area that dont need to spend the extra money on spray liner
lsx only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #4
43+

Yup.... gotta love those farmers!!! They smear cow crap and S--T wagon manure all over the WHITE TILE FLOORS from their Sheep Herder Boots and occasionally hack a GIANT gob of chew into a Salesman's garbage pail. We had 1 salesman VOMIT.

Yup.... love dem fama's.

43+
43+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:12 AM   #5
DealerEx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43+ View Post
Yup.... gotta love those farmers!!! They smear cow crap and S--T wagon manure all over the WHITE TILE FLOORS from their Sheep Herder Boots and occasionally hack a GIANT gob of chew into a Salesman's garbage pail. We had 1 salesman VOMIT.

Yup.... love dem fama's.

43+
Those farmers and ranchers were my most valued customers for over 30 years...you're damn right I love'em! Mops and brooms are cheap and easy to use and I never saw a clean white tile floor pay any of my overhead.
DealerEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #6
Lakeshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DealerEx View Post
Those farmers and ranchers were my most valued customers for over 30 years...you're damn right I love'em! Mops and brooms are cheap and easy to use and I never saw a clean white tile floor pay any of my overhead.
Couldn't have said it better myself, that cow crap smells like money around here. It's supported our family for over 30 years too, trading a beef or two on pickups beats buying it at the store.
Lakeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #7
43+

Sorry.... I work in the Parts Department. I was never propositioned to trading a beef or two for some parts.

"Mops and brooms are cheap and easy to use and I never saw a clean white tile floor pay any of my
overhead."

Yea... I am sure that YOU personally used to get down on your hands and knees to scrub the Cow Crap out of the lines in the tile floors. LOL!!!

43+

Last edited by 43+; 06-19-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #8
DealerEx

Quote:
Sorry.... I work in the Parts Department. I was never propositioned to trading a beef or two for some parts.

"Mops and brooms are cheap and easy to use and I never saw a clean white tile floor pay any of my
overhead."

Yea... I am sure that YOU personally used to get down on your hands and knees to scrub the Cow Crap out of the lines in the tile floors. LOL!!!

43+
Well, I didn't have the fancy white tile floors with grout lines...just plain old commercial linoleum tiles, but yes, I PERSONALLY cleaned them. I ran a dustmop over the floors most every morning while brewing the coffee about 7:00 am, before the employees arrived. I also wet mopped with some of the "mop and glow" stuff once a week after hours or as needed for spills etc..., along with cleaning windows, cleaning bathrooms, running a weedeater, lawnmower and most other routine maintenance type stuff that you seem to think is the equivalent of slave labor. I grew up in the car business and did every job around: started out washing cars at age 12 and worked my way thru LOF and tires, Parts, used car sales, new car sales manager, general manager and eventualy dealer principal, then opened my own store and ran it for 25 years. You obviously have issues with the management where you work, and that's a shame, but at most mom and pop stores, the dealer puts in more hours than anyone else and lives with the risks, worries and headaches 24/7.
DealerEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:56 AM   #9
Txflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealerex View Post
but at most mom and pop stores, the dealer puts in more hours than anyone else and lives with the risks, worries and headaches 24/7.
amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:21 AM   #10
steve_biegler

DealerEx, you wrote my life story! the only exception was I was in the wash bay at 9. The average employee has NO IDEA what we deal with. We don't get to go home at 5 and forget about the payroll, payoffs, taxes, factory, facility, and the hardest one to manage......employees. At one point I had 1 that would like to "stir the pot", I refereed to managing him as adult day care. After I made a decision to not put up with his attitude any more and called his bluff when he said I'll quit if you don't do...........

Anyway, great post.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #11
43+

" You obviously have issues with the management where you work, and that's a shame "

Actually.... you have assumed what you think that I think... is obvious.

I have no issues with Management and I have no issues with Farmers.

I will be as brief as possible with this next bit of information:

I lived in NYC for 27 years. I lived in Florida for 13 years. My next 23 were up here... in Farmer & Prison Territory.

My first job interview ( up here in Farmerland ) was at a MOM and POP GM store. I walked in and no-one was there. I proceeded furthur into the store and was at the door to the Service bays. I opened the door and stood there. Some guy who was under a vehicle wearing a greasy flannel shirt with his sleeves rolled up and grease and oil on his arms and grease on his bald head see's me and approaches me. He asks me if he could help me. I said I had an interview with Mr. Taylor.

He said.... let me finish this oil change and I'll be right with you.

I was in total shock!!!!!!! City Slickers like me never fathomed that were honest and humble Dealer Principals.... like Him and Yourself.

I salute you.

40+

Last edited by 43+; 06-22-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #12
43+

delete delete

Last edited by 43+; 06-23-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:19 PM   #13
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
I was in total shock!!!!!!! City Slickers like me never fathomed that were honest and humble Dealer Principals.... like Him and Yourself.

I salute you.

40+
Well, I'm glad you guys worked that out and I didn't have to do a damn thing.

I'm still getting caught up and just read the latest posts to this thread. While I've often been frustrated with my inability to grow the forum I'm always very proud of the members we have here. There's a great group of people here and unlike so many other online venues the forum is mostly drama free.

And as always - I too salute the Mom and Pop dealership. Some of the coolest Dealers I ever knew were the ones who were running their store in rural markets and treated their employees and customers like family.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #14
possum

NYC?----"git a rope" It's just an ole sayin.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #15
bigmac

I bet the CAAD rep is behind the bedliners in every truck deal. We did that a couple of years ago. Problem is when we dealer traded or the customer didn't want it, we had to take it out and credit the truck back. Two years later, I finally have gotten rid of all the crew cab 5 1/2 ft liners, still have several for 6 1/2 ft trucks. Friday the used car salesmanager sent a truck 45 miles down the road for a 6 1/2 ft aftermarket liner for a used truck without even checking with parts. When you add what we paid the person to drive the truck, gas and the risk of driving on the interstate I cannot see that he saved any money.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote