Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Asian Franchises > Toyota/Lexus > Sales

Notices

Old 02-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #46
CL Pgh

Pittsburgh auto show is going on right now and CJD is set up right next to the Toyota display. To my surprise, 3 different salespeople have reported the same scenario... Toyota area is getting WAY LESS traffic than the CJD area!
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:55 PM   #47
ohiobuckeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
Pittsburgh auto show is going on right now and CJD is set up right next to the Toyota display. To my surprise, 3 different salespeople have reported the same scenario... Toyota area is getting WAY LESS traffic than the CJD area!
From what I just saw on a Pittsburgh TV station report ERINE from Chrysler stated that ALL MODELS are on the Convention Center Floor.

That's great to hear. And It was very nice to see some very very clean cars.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:12 AM   #48
MARV

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=ajWwH9o__irY

If this article is partly accurate (I suspect it may be) there will be more Hell for Toyo to pay.
MARV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:55 AM   #49
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARV View Post
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=ajWwH9o__irY

If this article is partly accurate (I suspect it may be) there will be more Hell for Toyo to pay.
In many ways the Toyota story reminds me of how I first reacted to the whole Tiger Woods saga.

When I first heard of his affairs I mostly dismissed the stories about Tiger Woods. I still liked him, I respected him as a great golfer and didn't really follow the story that closely.

As the story continued to unfold, however, I was disappointed that someone like Tiger who had such a great situation could screw it up. While I still respect his abilities as a golfer I no longer respect him as a person.

I feel exactly the same way about Toyota and my bet is most other Americans feel the same way. At one point Toyota was so perfect they couldn't do anything wrong - now they're just another OEM.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:01 PM   #50
crowe

This massive recall puts a lot of doubt in buyer’s minds & there are already enough reasons not to buy a car. The public wants completely safe cars that never give problems but are they willing to pay the price for one?

Toyota’s problems are real & snowballing, it seems every day there’s a new negative story. The press knows bad news draws an audience.

Toyota’s testimony before congress is coming soon in an election year, which will be prime for grandstanding. Sooner or later someone is going to drill down to who knew what & when.

The vast number of silent recalls by all OEMs may well be revealed & blown out of per portion causing unjustified negative press for us all. At the very least I look for more & tighter regulation that will drive up costs.

NHTSA’s ineptness is also being revealed & you can be assured they will pass their mistakes on to the undeserving. Don’t forget the fiasco NHTSA made of C4C, which they blamed on the dealer’s learning curve.

This will affect us all.
crowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:26 PM   #51
crowe

"Feds: Toyota must turn over recall documents"

“The information requests from the government, similar to a subpoena, follows criticism from consumer groups that the Transportation Department was too soft on automakers and failed to fine the companies or seek detailed information from them through subpoena powers.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35422148/ns/business-autos/

“Toyota faces separate probes by the Obama administration and Congress”
crowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:35 PM   #52
The StraightShooter

Smells like the work of the UAW. Indeed there is a problem but the piling on effect has taken hold in the last few weeks.
The StraightShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:21 AM   #53
CUD

I'm no marketing genius (actually not a genius in anything) but if it was up to me I'd buy airtime on every primetime show and have a one minute commercial with the head of Toyota coming on and saying he is sorry and Toyota is going to do everything to make it right for current owners and all future owners. Follow it up with full page ads in newspapers.

The current bland, generic commercial just isn't good enough. Toyota needs to put a human face on the commercials.
CUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:09 AM   #54
MARV

Well, one thing IS for certain the woes at Toyo are certainly going to level the playing field a bit. It's been a loooooooooooooooong time coming too.
MARV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:39 AM   #55
Ralph

The last time I heard the word Toyota from a customer's mouth in the showroom, was a guy who said he was heading up there to trade his Hyundai Tiberon for a Toyota Pick-up. A lot of people just don't pay attention.

Anyone used a Toyota conquest rebate yet? How's that 60 money back guarantee on Minivans working out for anyone???
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:21 AM   #56
CL Pgh

Quote:
I just don't understand how something like this can linger for years (recalls back to 05) and suddenly the hammer drops... big time! I guess the pure coincidence of the governments gain , from an enforced gov. rule , upon a competitive company , within 12 mons of obtaining these new asset's ... is just silly-ness on my part, what could I possibly be thinking?
Hmmmmm… still not buying my Kool-Aid X-Man??? (just jag'n with ya)

http://detnews.com/article/20100224/...-Metro-Detroit
COPIED:
A spokeswoman for Denso, a supplier part-owned by Toyota Motor Corp., said the FBI had come to the offices Tuesday in connection with an antitrust investigation.
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:23 AM   #57
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Hmmmmm… still not buying my Kool-Aid X-Man??? (just jag'n with ya)

http://detnews.com/article/20100224/...-Metro-Detroit
COPIED:
A spokeswoman for Denso, a supplier part-owned by Toyota Motor Corp., said the FBI had come to the offices Tuesday in connection with an antitrust investigation.
I think the coolest part about your Kool-Aid is you posted your theory about three or four days before I started reading about it in the press.

I haven't been keeping up on the Toyota Recall for the past few days. The last article I read suggested that Toyota hired former NHTSA employees and may have used those relationships to narrow the scope of their recalls. It doesn't appear that either party is very honorable at this point.

I don't know what to think anymore....
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:59 PM   #58
Txflyer

Default Drivers of repaired recalled vehicles STILL experiencing unintended accelleration

The hits just keep coming for Toyota. I'd bet if just one of these 10 cases turns out to be verifiable they are in a heap-o-trouble:

http://money.cnn.com/2010/03/03/auto...dex.htm?hpt=T2
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #59
frankjames

Thanks Toyota!!! Have the largest Toyota dealership in town right next door. Goodbye Corolla and hello Rio.
frankjames is offline   Reply With Quote