Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Parts

Notices

Old 12-09-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
JoeRocket

Default Chrysler Regional Parts/Service Reps

I guess this could go in Service or Parts... How happy are you with your DMs?

I've had the same once since before the bankruptcy. I can't believe how abso-fookin-lutely rude she is.... I started out running a parts department in a GM store. While the reps for GM weren't exactly subtle about their true intentions, at least they were polite and helpful if we had an issue that required help from inside.

This woman seems downright put out at us for requiring assistance. And if we have a "oops" that could be easily remedied by a simple mouse click from her end......nope. No chance.

Example: We had a radio once that kicked back because the parts counterman accidentally swapped two adjoining digits in a VIN during ordering. It was still a legitimate repair. It happened to be on one of the only fields that we use that won't immediately stop you from continuing when a VIN is entered incorrectly. We didn't know about the screw up until AFTER the claim was submitted....and then the claim center said that only the DM could sign of on it. She refused. Said it was our fault that it was entered incorrectly, not hers. Seriously? And they try to bully me into ordering stuff I don't want after something like that? Don't EVEN get me started on the mafia-type tactics used to coerce us into participating in promotions that they use to get rid of crap they're tired of holding at their PDCs.

That's just one example of many things. I recently asked her opinion on the best way to handle a specific back-order for a warranty repair. Long story short, her response was for me to call the dealerships that show up on locator. Isn't that what D2D is for? If D2D wont pick it up, then the dealerships have already refused to supply the part.....that is, if D2D is working correctly. I don't trust half of the data that DealerConnect displays anymore.

I just don't understand the attitude and arrogance. Has it always been this way with Chrysler? Or am I just 'lucky'?
JoeRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:54 PM   #2
SDCJ

Your lucky.
SDCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:36 AM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Default Should this be an AREA 51 thread?

Should this be an AREA 51 thread or are most dealers pretty happy with their DMs?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
JoeRocket

Either way, I'm cool with it.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:12 AM   #5
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRocket View Post
I guess this could go in Service or Parts... How happy are you with your DMs?

I've had the same once since before the bankruptcy. I can't believe how abso-fookin-lutely rude she is.... I started out running a parts department in a GM store. While the reps for GM weren't exactly subtle about their true intentions, at least they were polite and helpful if we had an issue that required help from inside.

This woman seems downright put out at us for requiring assistance. And if we have a "oops" that could be easily remedied by a simple mouse click from her end......nope. No chance.

Example: We had a radio once that kicked back because the parts counterman accidentally swapped two adjoining digits in a VIN during ordering. It was still a legitimate repair. It happened to be on one of the only fields that we use that won't immediately stop you from continuing when a VIN is entered incorrectly. We didn't know about the screw up until AFTER the claim was submitted....and then the claim center said that only the DM could sign of on it. She refused. Said it was our fault that it was entered incorrectly, not hers. Seriously? And they try to bully me into ordering stuff I don't want after something like that? Don't EVEN get me started on the mafia-type tactics used to coerce us into participating in promotions that they use to get rid of crap they're tired of holding at their PDCs.

That's just one example of many things. I recently asked her opinion on the best way to handle a specific back-order for a warranty repair. Long story short, her response was for me to call the dealerships that show up on locator. Isn't that what D2D is for? If D2D wont pick it up, then the dealerships have already refused to supply the part.....that is, if D2D is working correctly. I don't trust half of the data that DealerConnect displays anymore.

I just don't understand the attitude and arrogance. Has it always been this way with Chrysler? Or am I just 'lucky'?
Hey Joe,
Have you tried different times of the month? YA NEVER KNOW!
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:56 AM   #6
JoeRocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_biegler View Post
Hey Joe,
Have you tried different times of the month? YA NEVER KNOW!
Great point!

Old 03-18-2011, 07:35 PM   #7
CJDGUY

DM's or parts marketing agents? It was nice when your DM could approve or authorize a claim or make that chargeback disappear. I don't need help ordering parts or training my personnel. I definitely don't want to feel pressured into placing an order to "help out" that month end sales goal. It would be nice to see Chrysler give back some power to their DM's so they are more welcomed and valued by their dealers. The new procedures and guidelines leave us handcuffed and powerless as managers representing Chrysler. The message being sent is one of anti-trust. Just my opinion. I'm done......................
CJDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote