Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 08-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Can Chrysler Financial bypass the dealers on Used Vehicle sales?

A report by a West Virginia TV station indicates that the state is going to purchase used vehicles for their fleet in an effort to reduce expenses.

This is the part of the story that caught my attention - "The state recently awarded a contract to Chrysler Financial Services to supply used Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge vehicles for state agencies."

At first I just assumed the report was in error, my bet was Chrysler Financial was just providing the financing. But then I remembered that CF is in wind-down mode and it's not likely they're issuing more loans through dealers.

Is it possible that CF is trying to bypass the auctions and the dealers by selling their lease portfolio and repos directly to government fleets?

Here's a link to the news report - click here
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:44 AM   #2
ssdd

I don't think they can. my rep called me about one of Prebuls unsold used cars, it had damage and nobody would buy it. he was asking if I could run it through my store for one of the ladies in the sebc office.
ssdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:53 AM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdd View Post
I don't think they can. my rep called me about one of Prebuls unsold used cars, it had damage and nobody would buy it. he was asking if I could run it through my store for one of the ladies in the sebc office.
Thanks for the info, that's good to hear.

Maybe the reporter got the facts wrong? I'd think if Chrysler Finance were by-passing the dealers we would have heard about it from other sources.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote