Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Old 07-29-2010, 07:32 AM   #16
possum

There is a Pacer X for sale in San Antonio, TX for $200.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:08 PM   #17
scooter

We have a one owner 1969 Dodge Charger in our showroom. It is pretty nice, he has a copy of the original window sticker and this one came with the White Hat package.....it is red/orange with a white vinyl roof and white bucket seats with the center console. It has the 383 2bbl and the original wheel covers, and it has turn signals in the hood. He is asking about $30k for it and he has had some interest. He lives out in the country and it was just sitting in his barn. He did not clean it up very well before he brought it here, we just got the last of the black widow spiders out of it, and it still has ashes i the ash tray (the good ol' days when you could smoke in your car and not get a ticket). It is a neat car and the has a lot of personality but boy did they just slap them together back then, huge gaps crocked moldings, lots of plastic....but is fun to see how they used to design them.
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:25 PM   #18
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
We have a one owner 1969 Dodge Charger in our showroom. It is pretty nice, he has a copy of the original window sticker and this one came with the White Hat package.....it is red/orange with a white vinyl roof and white bucket seats with the center console.
Do you have any pictures?

Who knows, you may find a buyer here.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:37 PM   #19
scooter

I do, but I am not sure how to put them on....for my age I am real bad with all the new technology....I have an 80 year old father in law that is great with the computer, pictures, etc.....I will try to get some pictures, can you send me some tips???
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:46 PM   #20
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I do, but I am not sure how to put them on....for my age I am real bad with all the new technology....I have an 80 year old father in law that is great with the computer, pictures, etc.....I will try to get some pictures, can you send me some tips???
Here's a link to a thread that explains how to add pictures - click here

If you don't feel like messing with it, just send the pictures to me at xdcx@dealershipforum.com and I'll add them for you. (That's what our member dodgequality does, although he might be a year or two older than you are....)
Old 07-29-2010, 06:57 PM   #21
XDCX
Administrator

Smile Here are the pictures of scooter's '69 Dodge Charger

Old 07-30-2010, 07:52 AM   #22
DealerEx

Nice! Looks like all original trim inside from what I can see. Looks like may have had a repaint from what appears to be some overspray on the rubber inside the door, but a very nice original equipped car. Most of them went thru 2 or 3 of us young guys back in the 70's and wound up with lots of modifications...shackles, duals, aftermarket hood scoops, wheels and tires, etc... Great color combo too...nothing better than "hemi orange" or "torred" with white top and guts!
DealerEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:48 PM   #23
XDCX
Administrator

Default Allpar has a nice write-up on the AMX

I thought of this thread when I noticed that Allpar has a new write-up about the AMX which includes sales volumes and several photographs. Here's a link to their write-up - click here

Concerning the photos, I never noticed the funky switch placement AMC used for the headlights, windshield wipers, etc. You've got to hand it to AMC, they always seemed to do things a little different.

Additionally, the AMX-400 Concept Car is a fitting piece of 1970s Americana...
Old 08-09-2010, 06:35 PM   #24
79LilRedExpress

You've got to hand it to AMC, they always seemed to do things a little different.

Chevy SS = Super Stock
Ford GT = Gran Turismo
Dodge R/T = Road and Track

AMC SST =Super Sonic Transport
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:04 PM   #25
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79LilRedExpress View Post
You've got to hand it to AMC, they always seemed to do things a little different.
How about those "Big Bad" colors.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #26
Palmentech766

Tons of AMC's here in Kenosha! Here is my buddys 68 AMX

Palmentech766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:01 AM   #27
possum

WOW, that is a great shot. The AMX was too late in the Pony Wars, but a car that is more collected now, than then.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:38 AM   #28
steve_biegler

Both beautiful cars in a great setting. I'll take the AMX! More of a true muscle car......the only TRACTION CONTROL is the area between your ears thats connected to your right foot!
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:29 AM   #29
XDCX
Administrator

Great picture - can you tell us where it was taken? (I'm assuming that's Lake Michigan in the background?)

As a side note, I've only been to Kenosha on one occasion about 15 years ago. I never saw that many Alliances/Encores in one location since.

On a different note, I was sorry to read that Chrysler's closing their Engine Plant in Kenosha. I remember hearing stories that Kenosha (Under AMC control) did a better job of building Chrysler's old M-Body (Diplomat and Fifth Avenue) than Chrysler did. That was back in the day when Iacocca outsourced the M-Body to AMC because Chrysler didn't have the plant capacity to continue to build it. Those were the good old days...
Old 08-13-2010, 10:54 AM   #30
steve_biegler

Possum.......Check out ebay, there is a very nice 69 AMX in Fredricksburg TX. from what I can see pretty nice with a few things that are not original....lots of pictures on the site. GOOD LUCK if you decide to bid.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote