Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 05-19-2010, 07:03 AM   #1
birch3x

Smile Wranglers are selling

Monday we had 5 customers in the door. They all bought new Wranglers, (3 )4 drs and (2) 2 drs. No used, no other new models, just Wrangler. Weird, but a good day
birch3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:08 AM   #2
lsx only

congrats jeeps are fun
lsx only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Wow, that's crazy. (Good, but crazy.... )

It's like ssdd commented in another thread earlier this week, how can you plan your inventories, staffing and advertising when there's so much volatility? In your case, you may have had too many Wranglers on Sunday and not enough on Tuesday.

Congrats on selling five new in one day - I bet there were not too many other dealers in the nation that moved that many on a Monday. (I'm guessing you're closed on Sundays?)
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:44 AM   #4
birch3x

yep, closed on Sundays, and we always leave the inventory unlocked. according to our color, digital security cameras we sometimes get the most traffic when we're closed. today we're buying Wranglers...looks good now
Old 05-19-2010, 11:31 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by birch3x View Post
...and we always leave the inventory unlocked.
I'm assuming that means you leave your gate open so the customers can look at your inventory on Sunday? You don't leave the cars unlocked, do you?
Old 05-19-2010, 01:35 PM   #6
birch3x

yes, we leave the cars unlocked, and we have no gates. we've been doing this for 22 years, and only lost a couple of radios and spare tires. lots of customers say how nice it is to sit in the cars on a quiet Sunday, and we'rein a fairly rural area.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:40 PM   #7
CL Pgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by birch3x View Post
yes, we leave the cars unlocked...
WOW! We keep the lot opened... but no way would I leave the cars unlocked. No doubt you have less gray hair than I... and more power to you for it!
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:27 PM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Wow, I would have lost money on that bet.

That's one of the cool things I like about the forum is it highlights some of the regional differences throughout the country.

On a different note, I think it's awesome you live in a community where you can do that - frankly I didn't think places like that existed anymore.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:46 PM   #9
Txflyer

We're out in the country too, but with all the meth addicts around here I'd be scared to see what all would go missing. We've got a well lit lot, but once actually had a starter stolen off a truck parked on at the front of our lot (facing a 2 lane highway). Theives came in sometime after dark, crawled under and just unbolted the starter. We didn't figure out what had happened until we tried to start it. Figured the batter was dead so went to go get the jump box. Opened the hood and found out what the real problem was.
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:04 AM   #10
ssdd

that is funny we lost a wrangler starter the same way...
ssdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:56 AM   #11
jdemonto

We typically rank in the top 5 in the country for wrangler sales. It seems that without a rebate customers are grinding less yet we are selling wranglers....

Jason
jdemonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:29 AM   #12
DealerEx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txflyer View Post
We're out in the country too, but with all the meth addicts around here I'd be scared to see what all would go missing. We've got a well lit lot, but once actually had a starter stolen off a truck parked on at the front of our lot (facing a 2 lane highway). Theives came in sometime after dark, crawled under and just unbolted the starter. We didn't figure out what had happened until we tried to start it. Figured the batter was dead so went to go get the jump box. Opened the hood and found out what the real problem was.
Years ago i was driving back into town from the golf course about 4:00pm on a Saturday afternoon and noticed a truck parked on the side of the road about a 1/4 mile out of town, jacked up with a wheel off. As i was going past my dealership on the edge of town, I noticed a guy leaning against one of my used trucks and then saw someone under it. I pulled in and drove along the line of trucks and sure enough they had just got the spare loose and were rolling it toward the highway. I stopped along side them and asked what they were doing, and they grinned and said they had a blowout and no spare so they were getting them one. I grinned and told them it was my carlot and to get their asses back over there and put my spare back up under my truck, before i had them hauled to jail. They actually started whining and asking what they were supposed to do without a spare, and I told them after they put mine back, I'd give'em a lift to a tire shop just another 1/4 mile down the road. Unbelievable!
DealerEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:30 AM   #13
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
It seems that without a rebate customers are grinding less yet we are selling wranglers....
That's an interesting observation - I remember Chrysler took the cash off the Wrangler's hood for May and used Mopar Bucks instead.

It will be interesting to see Chrysler's May Sales Report and see if Wranglers sales were strong across the country or if it's just isolated to some of our forum members.

Based on the earlier Challenger incentive, I got the impression most dealers favored Dealer Cash as an incentive over Mopar Bucks.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:00 AM   #14
birch3x

Some of our 4 door Wrangler shoppers and buyers have mentioned Hummers, and feel better about buying the Jeep instead, maybe there's a trend. Wranglers have never been heavily incentivized since we took on Jeep in 1992. Sometimes Wranglers (and CJ's) are just a cult thing. Which is a good thing.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:32 AM   #15
jdemonto

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
That's an interesting observation - I remember Chrysler took the cash off the Wrangler's hood for May and used Mopar Bucks instead.

It will be interesting to see Chrysler's May Sales Report and see if Wranglers sales were strong across the country or if it's just isolated to some of our forum members.

Based on the earlier Challenger incentive, I got the impression most dealers favored Dealer Cash as an incentive over Mopar Bucks.
The Mopar bucks has not helped sales a cash rebate would be better

Jason
jdemonto is offline   Reply With Quote