Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

View Poll Results: Has Chrysler's "Minivan Pledge" increased Showroom Traffic and Sales?
I'd give it an A - Both Traffic and Sales are up at our Dealership 0 0%
I'd give it a B - There's been a modest increase in Traffic and Sales at our Dealership 0 0%
I'd give it a C - No real increase in Traffic or Sales, but at least it increases awareness 0 0%
I'd give it a D - I have not seen any increase in Traffic or Sales 13 54.17%
I'd give it a F - Not since the Super Bowl has there been a bigger waste of ad money 11 45.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Has Chrysler's "Minivan Pledge" increased Showroom Traffic and Sales?

Has Chrysler's "Minivan Pledge" increased Showroom Traffic and Sales?

Chrysler's "Minivan Pledge" is almost two weeks old and there's been enough time to assess the program's initial impact on showroom traffic and sales.

Please take our poll and share your thoughts regarding the effectiveness of Chrysler's latest marketing initiative.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:23 AM   #2
Ralph

We were talking about this yesterday, and we've heard narry a peep on the subject from any customer, either sales, service or parts.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:09 AM   #3
CarguyCO

Peepless here as well...
CarguyCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:09 PM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Smile Hello, Auburn Hills.....

I had to smile when I was checking web-traffic this morning and noticed that someone from Chrysler's H.Q. in Auburn Hills was reading this thread.

I wonder if he/she reviewed the poll results....

Maybe next time they'll talk to a few dealers before they launch their next advertising initiative?
Old 02-23-2010, 01:07 PM   #5
LJS

Not one customer from it unless you count the fake SGS internet customer from yesterday.
LJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:30 AM   #6
Ralph

Here it is March 8, and we still haven't had a soul ask about the program. Hey, they tried but the reality is no one is listening to Chrysler anymore. Minivan buyers buy them because they buy them, not because a gimicky program makes them drop their Prius for a Caravan.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:07 AM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
Here it is March 8, and we still haven't had a soul ask about the program. Hey, they tried but the reality is no one is listening to Chrysler anymore. Minivan buyers buy them because they buy them, not because a gimicky program makes them drop their Prius for a Caravan.
Our unscientific poll seems to support your conclusion - so far 100% of the respondents indicate the Minivan Pledge program has done nothing to increase sales or traffic.

To be clear, I don't derive any pleasure in watching Chrysler fail. I wish they had a successful program that increased sales and profits for their dealers.

I guess my biggest frustration is the fact that Chrysler killed off the DAAs and yet they've shown ZERO ability to do a better job creating effective advertising campaigns. Would any of the DAAs signed off on the Minivan Pledge program? I doubt it....
Old 03-09-2010, 01:40 PM   #8
79LilRedExpress

I know that our DAA would have not spent dime one on such a program.

This type of progam has been tried several times in the past....
How does that go? Doing the same thing over and over, the same way expecting a different result?
That's right I remember now, INSANITY.

Or is it, zero takers...zero money spent ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Our unscientific poll seems to support your conclusion - so far 100% of the respondents indicate the Minivan Pledge program has done nothing to increase sales or traffic.

To be clear, I don't derive any pleasure in watching Chrysler fail. I wish they had a successful program that increased sales and profits for their dealers.

I guess my biggest frustration is the fact that Chrysler killed off the DAAs and yet they've shown ZERO ability to do a better job creating effective advertising campaigns. Would any of the DAAs signed off on the Minivan Pledge program? I doubt it....
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:39 AM   #9
Ralph

I'm sure they're just trying out different short term programs until they land on one that works. Pretty soon things will start to click when we finally get the Nationalized healthcare passed and the buying public can revel in the relief. Then everyone will get back to replacing their aging vehicles in the driveway and pay attention to the advertising. There's a pent up demand, we all agree, and any minute it's going to explode. Marchionne is rebuilding this company from the ground up and we just don't see all the incredible changes yet. I bet by the end of the month this program will prove to be a big winner. We have 2 minivans in stock and I'm ordering heavy and locating more inventory to prepare. I know this is going to click, I predict it is coming in the next few weeks and the certainly with the anticipated April-May programs. I have a lot more of my bank deposit slips on order to get ready.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:46 PM   #10
XDCX
Administrator

Default DealershipForum Press Release issued

I issued Press Release tonight and we'll see if it gets picked up by Google News.

In the event the Press Release draws new people to this thread I would like to extend an invitation to dealership owners and their employees to join the forum and share their results with the "Minivan Pledge" program.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:28 AM   #11
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I issued Press Release tonight and we'll see if it gets picked up by Google News.
Google News picked up the Press Release and it's currently displayed on the second page of their search results for people searching for news stories about Chrysler.

Here's a link to the Press Release - click here
Old 03-12-2010, 08:42 AM   #12
jayhawk

the press release seemed "fair and balanced" thank you for all your efforts on our behalf.
jayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:01 AM   #13
dodgequality

Excellent! from an interested in arbitration Oldco.
dodgequality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:46 AM   #14
possum

Great article / Good Job!!
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:38 AM   #15
crowe

Outstanding!

What’s up w/ the brochures?
crowe is offline   Reply With Quote