Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Asian Franchises > Hyundai/Kia > Sales

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #1
KiaChuck

Default Warning about Kia cards

Hello All.
I wanted to take a few minutes to warn people who may carry balances on their Kia cards as opposed to pulling the money out immediatley.
For 4 days in April criminals in three different countries used my card to the tune of $740. I immediatley contacted Citi and, even though serveral of the charges were still in pending status, they informed me that there was nothing that they could do.
Even more disturbing, they informed me that the other cards that Citi issues carry what they called a "provisional credit" program. This program would allow the funds to be placed back on my card while I await the response from the investigation team. Unfortunately, Kia decided that it is not worth the cost to protect our money so I have to wait the 45-90 days that it takes the team to finish up their investigation.
I have contacted Citi, Kia Performance Center and my District Sales Manager. All of them have confirmed that the program does indeed exist but that Kia does not participate in it.
Citi also let me know that our cards do not have any type of fraud/suspicious activity alert on them. So, regardless of how outlandish the purchases may be there is nothing that will trigger any type of alert like a normal credit card would. My charges were on 3 different continents within 4 days of each other and still nothing appeared suspicious.
Please pass on to all of your employees and stress how important it is they keep a close eye on their balances and that they remove the money immediatley after funds have been posted to the card. I'm calling companies all over the world to try to get my money back and believe me it is no picnic.
If this has happened to anyone else, I wouldn't mind hearing how you resolved the situation as well.
Thanks guys and happy sellin!

Chuck
KiaChuck is offline   Reply With Quote