Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > General Motors > Parts

Notices

Old 06-06-2011, 09:17 AM   #1
tnpartsguy

Thumbs down "Certified Elite" LOL

Date: 05/23/2011 Ref. number: Service / Customer Care / G_0000084160
Subject: Certified Elite Program
To: Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, and Cadillac Dealers
DESCRIPTION:
As mentioned in previous communications, including the recent Empowerment Virtual Classroom
Training (VCT), we are pleased to announce additional details for the Certified Elite Program.
INCENTIVE:
Dealerships who meet ALL of the established Certified Elite criteria will be provided the following
benefits:
1) No requirement for H-Routing of Warranty Claims
2) Direct Access to Technical Assistance Center (TAC) Level 2 support
3) No requirement for Product Quality Center (PQC) authorization for Engine and Transmission
assemblies
The above benefits will be granted to attaining dealerships for a 6-month period, starting with the
official launch on June 30, 2011.
EFFECTIVE DATE:
June 30, 2011
QUALIFICATIONS:
The 2011 Certified Elite Program criteria are as follows:
This exciting initiative has been developed in conjunction with our National Dealer Council and Dealer
Fixed Operations Advisory Board. It is designed to reward those dealerships which perform all parts of
their Fixed Operations business well. As such, we will monitor and adjust the thresholds for the
second 6-month transition (on December 31, 2011) so that dealer attainment will continue to require
above-average performance in all categories.
While the data for each threshold is available in different locations, we have assembled a combined
view in the Global Warranty Management System under the “Service Agent Detail” screen.
We encourage all dealerships to consider their opportunity to meet the standards and become one of
the Certified Elite—providing a truly exceptional experience for your customers.
Criteria June 2011 Target Current % of Dealers
Meeting the Target
New Vehicle Customer Retention 36% or above 45%
Dealership Parts Loyalty 77% or above 43%
Repeat Repairs 3.5% or below 30%
Service Training Standards 100% or above 18%
Dealership Customer Assistance Cases
(as a % of VINs Serviced)
3% or below 37%
tnpartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #2
tnpartsguy

Ah, Dealership Parts Loyalty...exactly how is this measured? So far, nobody can really explain how that number is determained... typical GM program, nobody knows anything about it. And you have to DIG to get the official #'s! Here are a few of our actual #'s

Repeat Repairs % Year-To-Date (Apr) 2011-05-20 4.6% TOO HIGH!
Service Training Standards % Year-To-Date (May 23) 2011-05-27 97.9% OK
Dealership Parts Loyalty % (Apr) 2011-05-27 82.2% OK
Old 06-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #3
partspuma

I fianally started hitting my #'s but now that they are doing a 12 month rolling % and we are back in the sink hole. My biggest problem is Toppers! Anyone have a way of getting around this? Our FOM is "working" on it! Yeah right!
Any suggestions would be great. Thought maybe of putting in as a net item........or sublet.......
partspuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by partspuma View Post
I fianally started hitting my #'s but now that they are doing a 12 month rolling % and we are back in the sink hole. My biggest problem is Toppers! Anyone have a way of getting around this? Our FOM is "working" on it! Yeah right!
Any suggestions would be great. Thought maybe of putting in as a net item........or sublet.......
partspuma - First post - Welcome to DealershipForum.

I just noticed this thread is a little over a year old and it's been a few weeks since tnpartsgguy has been on the forum. tnpartsguy is our resident GM parts expert so I'll send him a Private Message (PM) so he's aware of this thread.

Hopefully he'll respond or someone else will share their insight. My background is mostly Chrysler so there's not too much I can offer in terms of advice with your concern.

Thanks for "bumping" this thread and hopefully your thread will generate a response.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:57 AM   #5
tnpartsguy

The only way I've found to bypass the so-called loyaty program is to sublet those items.
I'm still getting screwed because even though I buy my oil from GM through their local distributor, because I don't cost it the way they want me to, I get no credit for it.

I'm supposed to be loyal, yet they command ACD jobbers to come into my town and take any and all wholesale GM business they can. Yeah, thanks GM
Old 06-28-2012, 01:55 PM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

tnpartsguy - Thanks for the fast response and your willingness to help a fellow member. You're the best.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote