Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 08-12-2009, 07:23 PM   #31
gopwillie

I've now had at least 10 rejections that should NOT have been rejected. 2 reasons:

1) they say we're missing a signature on the deal sheet (we're not)...all I can think of is that I scanned all 5 pages into the single file, so they would need to look at all of the pages,

2) and similarily, if insurance proof spills into more than 1 page, they don't look at the second page.

So now I'm resubmitting them and noting in capitals anywhere I can that the dumba**es need to look at all the pages.

I can't believe I got the first one paid, and now I'm on like an 0-10 streak.

It's awful, but I'm almost happy we're almost out of (good) new cars so I don't have to do many more of these.

Hopefully the streak will end tomorrow and we'll get paid on a second one.

Good luck everyone
gopwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:16 PM   #32
Txflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopwillie View Post
I've now had at least 10 rejections that should NOT have been rejected. 2 reasons:

1) they say we're missing a signature on the deal sheet (we're not)...all I can think of is that I scanned all 5 pages into the single file, so they would need to look at all of the pages,

2) and similarily, if insurance proof spills into more than 1 page, they don't look at the second page.

So now I'm resubmitting them and noting in capitals anywhere I can that the dumba**es need to look at all the pages.
My suspicion is that Citibank is being paid on each claim "processed" rather than each claim "paid". If they reject them for BS reasons, they may get to "process" each clunker sale several times, netting them more money.

I'd also lay odds that their contract requires them to "process" X number of claims a day. Rather than risk screwing one up and paying when it shouldn't, it would be much easier to make sure they hit their daily goal by rejecting en mass.
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:30 AM   #33
CL Pgh

I now have #2 REJECTION'S today because the front & back title doesn't state "Junk Automobiles, CARS.gov".

WRONG!!! Both invoices/titles have this clearly typed front & back. Sent a little taste of this to X-Man so he can see how bad this crap really is!!!
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:02 AM   #34
dafuzz1956

Finally an answer, REJECTION, and that was on our last one submitted, but still nothing on the ones from 2 weeks ago. Is this like Ford ordering, last in first out. How screwed up can it be? Oh, I forgot it is being done by a bank and the gov't, not by people that may know something about the car business, or is this where Landry secretly landed a job.
dafuzz1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:35 AM   #35
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
Sent a little taste of this to X-Man so he can see how bad this crap really is!!!
I just read that e-mail and viewed the attachments. I'm starting to think these CARS people are worse than Factory Auditors.

You did everything 100% correct and the claim still gets rejected.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:03 AM   #36
Txflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
You did everything 100% correct and the claim still gets rejected.
Same experience with my first claim. I had two different insurance cards each spanning 6 months. Even scanned them on the same page but they rejected saying the POI only showed 6 months.

Even a well trained chimp could do better than these guys.
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:14 AM   #37
angewi6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopwillie View Post

I can't believe I got the first one paid, and now I'm on like an 0-10 streak.

It's awful, but I'm almost happy we're almost out of (good) new cars so I don't have to do many more of these.
Hopefully the streak will end tomorrow and we'll get paid on a second one.

Good luck everyone
I feel the same way. We only have two more units that could qualify for C4C. I just want to get this over with. Every time I log on there is something else wrong that boggles my mind.
angewi6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:15 AM   #38
CL Pgh

This guy caught me after our THIRD rejection for the trade title not containing “Junk Automobile, CARS.gov” … when in fact the titles have exactly this written on them. Amazing part here is that I specifically explained to this reporter why I was so mad… and he didn’t print it!!! I guess no one can comprehend how bad the payment process really is. ?

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_638439.html

On the flip side: I suddenly have TEN deals “Ready for Payment” as of this morning.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:38 AM   #39
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
This guy caught me after our THIRD rejection for the trade title not containing “Junk Automobile, CARS.gov” … when in fact the titles have exactly this written on them. Amazing part here is that I specifically explained to this reporter why I was so mad… and he didn’t print it!!! I guess no one can comprehend how bad the payment process really is. ?

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_638439.html

On the flip side: I suddenly have TEN deals “Ready for Payment” as of this morning.
That's a great newspaper story.

Concerning the reporter, I always think it's interesting to see what they leave out of a story. There's no question that a lot of news gets filtered and the real story is left on the clipping room floor.

That said, if you got 10 deals that are "Ready for Payment" maybe the CARS Gods are shining on you.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:53 PM   #40
mopar4life

Here is my most recent rejection:
0103 - Missing Page 1 Trade-In Title---LOOK AGAIN SMARTY PANTS!
0201 - Junk Automobile, Cars.gov not written on Page 1 and 2 of Title---YOU WANT TO BET?
0204-Disposal or Salvage Auction Certification Missing or Incomplete. Note- No VIN comparism because page 1 of Trade-In
Title is missing---LET'S GET TOGETHER TOMORROW FOR COFFEE & I'LL SHOW IT TO YOU ON YOUR SCREEN!

CARELESS APES READ SCANS--aka CARS
mopar4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:23 AM   #41
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar4life View Post
Here is my most recent rejection:
0103 - Missing Page 1 Trade-In Title---LOOK AGAIN SMARTY PANTS!
0201 - Junk Automobile, Cars.gov not written on Page 1 and 2 of Title---YOU WANT TO BET?
0204-Disposal or Salvage Auction Certification Missing or Incomplete. Note- No VIN comparism because page 1 of Trade-In
Title is missing---LET'S GET TOGETHER TOMORROW FOR COFFEE & I'LL SHOW IT TO YOU ON YOUR SCREEN!

Your experience seems to echo what I've heard from a number of dealers.

Perhaps the backlog of unpaid CARS claims wouldn't be so large if NHTSA would take more time and review each claim before it's rejected.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:36 AM   #42
Granch

Default Clunker cash approvals ??

You should change the title of the thread to

Clunker cash Rejections..

I don't see much in the way of approvals..

and my status

6 in, no rejections, no approvals..

done about 2 weeks ago i think...

Granch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:08 PM   #43
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granch View Post
You should change the title of the thread to

Clunker cash Rejections..
I agree - everything that I've heard indicates that all the dealers are getting rejects. Not only is NHTSA unable to meet the 10-day payment criteria, it's taking longer than that just to get a reject.

What's worse is many of the rejected claims are due to mistakes by the CARS processing staff, not the dealership.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:16 PM   #44
XDCX
Administrator

Default NHTSA reporting that 37% of CARS Applications have been processed

Bloomberg has a report indicating a NHTSA official claims that 37% of the CARS applications have been processed.

Not surprisingly, the official didn't disclose what percentage were paid. NHTSA considers a claim to be "processed" if it is either paid or rejected.

Here's a link to the Bloomberg report - click here

Dealers need to be pushing the NHTSA to advance funds on all non-rejected claims that are over 10 days old. The payments would be subject to chargeback, but at least it would solve the dealers' cash flow problems and place the processing burden back on the NHTSA.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:49 AM   #45
CL Pgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar4life View Post
I liked this version:

Careless
Amatures
Rejecting
Sales