Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Finance

Notices

Old 07-10-2009, 10:25 AM   #1
possum

Default They are just lost.

All of our new inventory is gone, and CFC is paid off, except for 1 Re-dist unit.

This morning, CFC comes out to do a "floor check", and says we have missing vehicles. I just said "really?" I wonder where they are? What are we going to do?

They are now frantic. If I was a writer, I would script a sit-com based on Chrysler, and get rich.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:39 AM   #2
SHACOS
Super Moderator

HA! That's funny. Communication is an awesome thing, isn't it?
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:27 AM   #3
F&I Pro

Possum, that's funny, I don't care who ya are....I'd sure like to have seen the look on their faces....Treat them like mushrooms, keep em in the dark and load um up with bull....
F&I Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:47 PM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

That's classic - "what are we going to do?"

I remember years ago there was a dealer who was in a SOT condition with CF and he stopped NVDRing vehicles. Chrysler's Sales DM was getting evaluated on Retail Market Share and asked the Dealer what was happening.

The dealer assumed that CF monitored the NVDRs and would be looking for payment. In reality, CF's operations were not that tight - they never would have noticed. CF only relied on their flooring audits.

Your example provides further evidence that Chrysler/CF doesn't run a tight operation. Were the people checking the floor CF employees or contract people?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:13 AM   #5
possum

The auditor was a "contract" guy, and July 20th is his last day. He told me that he has a new job with the Gov't!

He thinks the BC's are going to be cut in half pretty soon.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:03 AM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum View Post
He thinks the BC's are going to be cut in half pretty soon.
Although I can't say I've heard any rumors, I sure wouldn't be surprised if Chrysler consolidated their BCs from eight to four.

As I mentioned in another post, only 32 units puts you on the Front Page of the West BC Sales Report for June - that's not good. With fewer dealerships selling fewer cars my bet is Chrysler's questioning their overhead with eight BCs.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:19 AM   #7
F&I Pro

As I stated in a differant thread, had my Chrysler Certified Pre-owned manger here last week and he stated that he would be suprised if the consolidation didn't take place, especially in light of the fact that they're already closing buying centers and consolidating.
F&I Pro is offline   Reply With Quote