Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 05-14-2010, 12:17 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Anyone using Ebay's Local Classifieds for Autos?

I just received an e-mail from Ebay offering me a $10 Certificate if I list a vehicle on in their "Local Classifieds" section.

The part I thought was interesting is they are clearly targeting Craigslist and suggesting that their site is safer and easier for sellers. It appears the first six listing are free and then they want to charge $15/vehicle.

Here's a link to Ebay's page where the compare themselves to Craigslist - click here

The other thing I thought was interesting is they are trying to steer dealers away from the auction format and toward the "Local Classified" format. They've also recently changed their fee structure for their auction format where dealers pay more to list their vehicles but less when they sell. This would seem to work to Ebay's advantage since it appears only a small percentage of new cars ever meet the minimum reserve.

So, is anyone using Ebay's "Local Classifieds" yet? Any other Ebay results?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote