Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Introductions

Notices

Introductions Did you just join our community? Post here and introduce yourself – where do you work and what do you do?

Old 01-30-2008, 02:51 PM   #1
CadillaCricket

Default From Missouri, Sales and F&I

Hello there, I am Cricket Staggs... I know it's a weird name, could be worse... Hehe I Have been in the Sales Department of a GMC, Cadillac, Pontiac, Buick store in Missouri since 2003, and Have ran the Finance Office as well as still mainly selling cars since January of 2007...

I enjoy the job, but don't enjoy the "sleezeball salesguy" image that everyone seems to have of us... (we are a 3 salesguy dealership in a small town and we don't pull any crap or scams or anything)

Other than that, I am from a large family and have a Wife and kids of my own, though almost all of them are grown up... They aren't my Biological kids, I am only 27....

Anything else you want to know, ask.....
CadillaCricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:59 PM   #2
Rod Barajas

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadillaCricket View Post
Hello there, I am Cricket Staggs... I know it's a weird name, could be worse... Hehe I Have been in the Sales Department of a GMC, Cadillac, Pontiac, Buick store in Missouri since 2003, and Have ran the Finance Office as well as still mainly selling cars since January of 2007...

I enjoy the job, but don't enjoy the "sleezeball salesguy" image that everyone seems to have of us... (we are a 3 salesguy dealership in a small town and we don't pull any crap or scams or anything)

Other than that, I am from a large family and have a Wife and kids of my own, though almost all of them are grown up... They aren't my Biological kids, I am only 27....

Anything else you want to know, ask.....
Welcome to the Forum Cricket!

The whole sleezball salesguy thing is a urban legend...Just remind people with all the information online for example Invoice, buy rate, incentives and Kelly blue book...The person who is lying in the negotiation is almost always the consumer in the name of good negotiation...For example I have good credit, no late payments, I have nothing to put down, my trade is in perfect condition.

Look forward to your post!

Rod
Rod Barajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 03:10 PM   #3
CadillaCricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Barajas View Post
Welcome to the Forum Cricket!

The whole sleezball salesguy thing is a urban legend...Just remind people with all the information online for example Invoice, buy rate, incentives and Kelly blue book...The person who is lying in the negotiation is almost always the consumer in the name of good negotiation...For example I have good credit, no late payments, I have nothing to put down, my trade is in perfect condition.

Look forward to your post!

Rod

thanks for the welcome... I don't know if I agree about the urban legend thing, it's just always so contorted from reality...

I have been to dealerships that really are a bunch of sleezeballs, I just don't think that they are everywhere, and I do think they are really easy for a consumer to spot if they would just look..

A local sleezeball new car store had to post 16 ft signs at it's entrances stating the crimes it was convicted of (Attempting to fraud consumers, misrepresentation of services, etc...).. They had these signs posted at all entrances for one month...

They still reported 212 new and used retail sales that month.. (down from 296 the previous month, june and july respectively)

that's 212 consumers that drove right past a 16 ft warning sign and still bought a car..... Jeeeeezzzzzzzzz

And then I introduce myself on the lot and customers say "Did you say your name was Crooked?"

No! It's Cricket!

Rant: OFF
CadillaCricket is offline   Reply With Quote