Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Parts

Notices

Old 02-11-2008, 07:12 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Chrysler to begin using UPS for some shipments

In an effort to enhance Customer and Dealer satisfaction, Chrysler LLC announced that it will begin using UPS to ship certain back order parts directly to dealers.

Under the current system, if a part is not available at a dealer's "facing" depot the parts is shipped form the depot that has inventory to the depot that doesn't have inventory. Once the "facing" depot receives the part it is sent to the dealer with the dealer's regular parts order.

Under the new system, if the dealer's "facing" depot does not have the part, the part will be shipped directly to the dealer via UPS from the depot that has the part in inventory.

Chrysler expects to launch the new policy during the Second Quarter of 2008.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 04:02 PM   #2
bruce350

This is nothing new. I was the parts manager here at the dealership in 1988, and that was their policy back then. Either it came on the truck from the facing depot or it was shipped direct. If it were a stock order, then the slower route was used. If it were for a vehicle down, then they would ship overnight and you could be reimbursed for the special handling charges on the warranty claim.

What was old is new again. Kind of like bell bottoms.
bruce350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:44 PM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce350 View Post
This is nothing new. I was the parts manager here at the dealership in 1988, and that was their policy back then. Either it came on the truck from the facing depot or it was shipped direct. If it were a stock order, then the slower route was used. If it were for a vehicle down, then they would ship overnight and you could be reimbursed for the special handling charges on the warranty claim.

What was old is new again. Kind of like bell bottoms.
I was wondering about that - it didn't seem like a new idea to me either.

It should be a nice improvement - even if it is just a recycled idea.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote