Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Old 09-30-2012, 09:28 AM   #16
XDCX
Administrator

Default Baylor scores 63 points and loses the game

How is it possible to score 63 points and lose a football game, you let the other team score 70 points.....

Baylor lost to West Virginia with a final score of 63 - 70 and the game re-wrote the record books. I wasn't watching the game but I heard it was very entertaining to watch.

It reminds me of the Alamo Bowl last year when the Huskies lost to Baylor in a 67 - 56 shootout. Washington's defense was so bad it forced head coach Sarkisian to fire his long time friend as the Defensive Coordinator and hire a new coaching staff during the off-season.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:24 AM   #17
DealerEx

I watched it...just a pure track meet...no defense on either side. Baylor NEVER rushed more than 3...Geno Smith had all day to get someone open somewhere. It looked more like 7 on 7...everybody running downfield waiving for the ball. WV did rush 4, but not effectively. Granted it WAS a record setting performance by Geno with 656 yards passing, but the losing QB had 581 himself. Be interesting to see what happens when they both play a strong defense.
DealerEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #18
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DealerEx View Post
Be interesting to see what happens when they both play a strong defense.
I agree. I noticed that Baylor dropped out of the AP Top 25 - it seems like there are a lot of coaches that share your concern.

Still, it must have been a fun game to watch - certainly more entertaining then a defensive battle that ends with a score of 6 - 3.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #19
XDCX
Administrator

Smile The Huskies are ranked in the Top 25

OK, I'll admit the last time the Huskies were ranked in the AP Poll that it only lasted one week, but that still doesn't dampen my enthusiasm. The Huskies are ranked #23 in this week's AP Poll.

The Huskies play #2 Ranked Oregon on their turf this Saturday. It will be a tough game but frankly I watched part of the Oregon/WSU game and Oregon didn't look that great during the first half.

Hopefully it will be a great game. Can the Huskies pull off an upset two weeks in a row?
Old 10-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #20
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Hopefully it will be a great game. Can the Huskies pull off an upset two weeks in a row?
Sure......Look at the Vikings!
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:38 AM   #21
tnpartsguy

Look at the SEC....MS State is currently undefeated!
tnpartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:27 AM   #22
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
OK, I'll admit the last time the Huskies were ranked in the AP Poll that it only lasted one week, but that still doesn't dampen my enthusiasm.
Deja vu.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. The Huskies got killed by Oregon on Saturday and really didn't play very well. The Huskies have USC this Saturday and then the schedule will become more manageable.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:39 AM   #23
XDCX
Administrator

Default Nine of the Top 25 were upset this past week

The old adage "that's why they play the game" was certainly true this past week in College Football when nine of the Top 25 suffered an upset loss. It's the first time since October 18, 2008 that nine ranked teams have been upset.

Two PAC-12 teams (UW and UCLA) were dropped from the Top 25 and Boise State was added to the list this week. Not the result I would have wanted but the season in still young.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #24
DealerEx

Well, TCU had had a rough couple of weeks...QB Pachall arrested for DWI, suspended indefinitely...RB Waymon James out for season 2 weeks ago with knee injury, RB matt Tucker playing with injured ankle...just as they start into the meat of the schedule. Rest of the year is going to be tough for them. Coach Patterson announced earlier this week that Pachall will withdraw from TCU immediately and enter an in-patient treatment program for drug/alcohol abuse, but upon sucessful completion of the program, will be allowed to re-enroll next spring and can graduate with 2 more semesters of class. On a "class" note, Patterson and his wife announced they are making a personal donation of $100,000 to the treatment center.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #25
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
On a "class" note, Patterson and his wife announced they are making a personal donation of $100,000 to the treatment center.
That really is cool - props for Coach Patterson and his wife.

I also think it's great that Pachall has a chance to re-enroll and get back on the team when he completes treatment. I've got to think that not too many years ago something like this would have been "swept under the carpet" and Pachall would have played the remainder of the season.

There's no question that having Pachall get treatment for his addiction problems is the best path for his long-term success.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:16 AM   #26
XDCX
Administrator

Default Huskies lose to USC - 24 - 10

The Huskies lost to USC on Saturday with a score of 24 - 10 and while the loss is understandable given the strength of USC's program it was still disappointing.

The main reason for the disappointment is the Huskies could have won the game. USC didn't play a great game and they were clearly beatable but the Huskies QB was having an off-day and Washington kept killing themselves with turnovers.

The Huskies play Arizona as an away game this week and hopefully they'll get their winning streak started again.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #27
DealerEx

Seeing TCU beat Baylor 49-21 and West Virginia losing big to Texas Tech answered the question posted earlier about what will happen when Baylor & West Virginia played a team with any kind of defense. TCU is a young team dealing with a lot of adversity right now, but still held Baylor to a third of the 63 points they scored against West Virgina, and Texas Tech shut down Geno Smith and held West Virginia to 14 points versus the 73 they scored against Baylor. Amazing what a difference a little defense made...lol
Old 10-16-2012, 08:57 AM   #28
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Seeing TCU beat Baylor 49-21 and West Virginia losing big to Texas Tech answered the question posted earlier about what will happen when Baylor & West Virginia played a team with any kind of defense. TCU is a young team dealing with a lot of adversity right now, but still held Baylor to a third of the 63 points they scored against West Virgina, and Texas Tech shut down Geno Smith and held West Virginia to 14 points versus the 73 they scored against Baylor. Amazing what a difference a little defense made...lol
I didn't get a chance to watch the game but there's no question Texas Tech's victory was the major upset last week. It's also great to see that TCU beat Baylor despite all of the adversity that's been impacting their program.

Thursday's game on ESPN should be an interesting match-up this week. While Oregon would seem to be an obvious favorite, ASU has a winning streak going and they're playing for a new coach at a home game.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #29
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Thursday's game on ESPN should be an interesting match-up this week. While Oregon would seem to be an obvious favorite, ASU has a winning streak going and they're playing for a new coach at a home game.
Well, so much for that theory....

Oregon beat ASU 43 - 21 and despite the seamingly close secore, Oregon was in control for the entire game. In fact, Oregon was ahead 43 - 3 at halftime and their head coach played mostly second string players for the second half.

Given the way BCS rankings are calculated some people think that Oregon's coach should have kept his starters in the game and run-up the score on ASU. Others think he's smart because he's saving his playbook for the post season.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #30
jayhawk

take pity on the long suffering jayhawk fans. good times are surely coming. we dont know which year, decade, or century however.
jayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote