Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Parts

Notices

Old 07-20-2009, 04:45 AM   #16
possum

Chryslers plan is basically listing your parts on "Craigslist", and see if there are any takers. There is no real "plan", but they are buying time and stalling untill we are gone.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:43 AM   #17
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt View Post
Since June9th I have not received a serious offer on my inventory that is approx 160,000. A few calls to the business center and the field person have been largely ignored. This whole mess has been poorly handled by all concerned and should be addressed by the political base in Washington as their hands are not clean. tHIS COMPANY HAS A SERIOUS PUBLIC INVESTMENT AND SHOULD BEGIN TO ACT IN A RESPONSIBLE MANNER TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT WITH THE REJECTED DEALER BODY.
srt - Welcome to the forum.

You'll find there's a lot of agreement here that Chrysler has done a miserable job of assisting the OLDCO dealers with their cars, parts and tools. It's frustrating to watch Jim Press testify before Congress that 80% of the parts have been sold when he fails to disclose that they're being sold a deeply discounted prices.

I'm hopeful that a settlement for the OLDCO dealers will allow them to return their parts and tools. If not, my goal is to gather some media attention and "shame" Chrysler into doing the right thing.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:31 AM   #18
RickW

Default Parts buyback

Firstly...FYI...From what I read you left off the first part of the sentence which was "qualifying parts", and who knows what that means. I read about it originally from a blog on Sen. Kay B. Hutchinson's website. It's all about politcal posturing if you ask me.

I was one of the largest MOPAR wholesalers in the country. Since Chrysler wouldn't approve my warehouse without showing 5 years of control, I have a lease to try and get rid of...which forced me to liquidate over $700,000 of parts, and empty the building. There are a few companies that will sell your inventory for .40 cents on the dollar. The rest will sell for less. NOT ONE CALL OR HELP FROM CHRYSLER, and I called and e-mailed several times.

Not one person I spoke with from Chrysler knows anything about a parts buyback, and I wouldn't hold the parts on "hope". I can imagine what they say the average transactional price will be...and who's going to verify it?
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:33 PM   #19
XDCX
Administrator

RickW - First post - Welcome to the Forum.

It seems there are very few dealers who know that Jim Press has committed to repurchasing parts - many of the DMs don't seem to know either.

That said, I doubt there are many OLDCO dealers who would trust Chrysler's "average transaction price" calculation.

I'm hopeful that Chrysler and GM will come up with a settlement in an effort to stop the current legislation. In your case, however, that may be too late - it sounds like you've already sold off most of your inventory.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:52 PM   #20
possum

I still say, Chrysler is just dancing untill it doesn't even matter anymore. They need parts more than ever right now, and still no movement. After the pipeline fills again, they sure won't need them.

But, that tune can play both ways. On Finance Reserve payments they are wanting.....we have learned how to dance too.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:09 AM   #21
RickW

I am unaware of Press's commitment to parts repurchasing. Was there a public announcement? I don't think anything he said while giving congress testimony counts for anything. I was in touch with Zone Parts manager, not DM...shouldn't he have known?
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:22 AM   #22
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickW View Post
I am unaware of Press's commitment to parts repurchasing. Was there a public announcement? I don't think anything he said while giving congress testimony counts for anything. I was in touch with Zone Parts manager, not DM...shouldn't he have known?
In a letter dated June 12, 2009 addressed to Senators Rockefeller and Hutchison, Press made the following statement: "We will continue to work with the discontinued dealers to redistribute their parts inventory for the next 90 days. After that time we will commit to repurchase remaining qualified parts inventory from those dealers at the average transaction price for all parts already redistributed."

Here's a link to the letter - click here

While it's great that Press has committed to repurchasing parts, my bet is the "average transaction price" will amount to a windfall profit for Chrysler.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:02 PM   #23
srt

Default still no action

Still waiting for the Mopar boys.Isure hope Washington wakes up on Chryslers actions which were morally wrong at the least.
srt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:03 PM   #24
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt View Post
Still waiting for the Mopar boys.Isure hope Washington wakes up on Chryslers actions which were morally wrong at the least.
I was thinking about this over the weekend - Chrysler has ZERO incentive to help the OLDCO dealers to sell off their parts. It's in Chrysler's best interest to keep the liquidation price under 50 cents/dollar so they can use that value to conduct their repurchase.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:40 PM   #25
dodgequality

Absolutely no action on parts or tools.
I did get a commitment on accessories - about $7000. worth - at 55% on the cost.
Since we are still open, we are selling our parts . At the rate we are going, this is much better than the 45 and 50 that was being bantered. No offer though got past the talking stage.
OLDCO / NEWCO could care less. Since they gave us our soft landing what do they care?
I do understand that the backorder situation is major.

Last edited by dodgequality; 07-27-2009 at 03:57 AM.
dodgequality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:30 AM   #26
XDCX
Administrator

dodgequality - I'm happy to hear that you're selling off a lot of your parts to your retail customers.

Despite all the assurances from Jim Press, I think the vast majority of OLDCO dealers are still stuck with their parts. I never believed the statement that Chrysler found buyers for 80% of the OLDCO parts.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:18 PM   #27
ljbprrfmof

What happens if an OLDCO dealer sells his parts to a wholesale user and there is a failure of that part? Without a current dated invoice from a NEWCO dealer, there is no MOPAR warranty.

So what does that make OLDCO dealer parts worth?

Maybe someone should point that out to Ms. Hutchinson.

Yeah, I can feel the love!
ljbprrfmof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:52 PM   #28
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
What happens if an OLDCO dealer sells his parts to a wholesale user and there is a failure of that part? Without a current dated invoice from a NEWCO dealer, there is no MOPAR warranty.

So what does that make OLDCO dealer parts worth?

Maybe someone should point that out to Ms. Hutchinson.

Yeah, I can feel the love!
In my opinion, that's another reason why NADA and the OLDCO dealers should be fighting for an agreement by GM and Chrysler to repurchase parts and special tools.

Not only did Chrysler stick the OLDCO dealers with their parts, they won't have any warranty exposure on those parts once they're sold by the OLDCO dealers. In this case it's "win-win" for Chrysler and "lose-lose" for the OLDCO dealers.