Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 03-10-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
CL Pgh

Default Chrysler Credit Union Prg.

I've picked up more than a couple good items off this forum... thought I'd pass this on.

Our few decent internet leads are absolute mooches(!!!)... and I've found sending them this link describing the current Credit Union / Affiliates Reward prg. works out well for both of us. It's a good link and provides a soft sell on the program and of course... these folks like stuff in writing! I/we also make sure to mention we're signed up directly with most area credit unions and can handle everything in house. Yep, I know.. this is the path of least resistance. But when you deliver a couple internet leads at a 2-3 hundred over invoice and get the finance opportunity... like I said, works well for both of us. (IMO)

http://www.lovemycreditunion.org/Chrysler_172.html
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:03 PM   #2
ohiobuckeyes

I can recall when GM did this first back in 2008. The DM kept calling me telling me I need to hook up with a credit union. Told the DM there are no CU's in our county or any that served the county.

The Chrysler program has not brought a customer into the showroom. Its a great program for their members alot like the PP pricing for Chrysler.

But yet my favorite was yesterday I had to call a customers CU for a payoff on a auto loan and get the call back from the CU to fax over the Paper work, told the lady He$$ NO! Beat the CU's rate by 2 points and still got the back end. (Sorry if I went off in a tangent.)
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
CL Pgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobuckeyes View Post
The Chrysler program has not brought a customer into the showroom.
In a way, that's my point. Tell the internet shopper you can get them something the other 3 dealers they emailed doesn't tell them.

As far as qualifying CU's... pull the list in the above link, guarantee that CU you just spoke with is there as well as every other CU around you.

Just a thought.
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:37 PM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
In a way, that's my point. Tell the internet shopper you can get them something the other 3 dealers they emailed doesn't tell them.
CL - Great post - especially on your day off.

I think it's a smart strategy when you're working with an Internet customer who's cross-shopping your store with three other dealerships. I also think the typical Internet shopper will have a favorable impression of Credit Unions.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote